29 - The Machinery

Lisa

"Are these all we needed from that lousy old man?" I asked Suzy as I'm reading the documents she'd given me. We are currently in the secret room of Phoenix to review all the information she gathered from the businessman Mr. Yang's dealing with in the U.S while we're waiting for Jackson, assigned to gather more information and evidence about Mr. Yang's transactions from his illegal businesses and about his family. Anything that can get us an upper hand against him.

"Yes, Ms. Manoban. And here are solid proofs that this businessman was the main person supplying heavy drugs from the Burning Sun club. He was more involved with Seungri, but after Mr. Yang was out of both record labels he became hands on in managing the said club." Suzy explained placing two envelopes and a usb in front of me.

The red envelope catches my attention as it has a medical logo on it. I opened the envelope and proceeded to read the papers. As I go through with it my body runs cold. I don't need to finish reading to get the bottom of it. I grip the edge of the papers making it crumpled.

"What the hell?! Explain this to me!" I yelled. Suzy didn't flinch as if she was expecting my reaction.

"After a couple of visits he did from this hospital located in downtown L.A, there's a room always reserved for him and only few people were allowed to go inside. I figured to dig into his medical records as I found the setting strange. I managed to get those files thought they might be useful information for you." Suzy explained looking straight into my eyes.

I stomp my hand on the table out of rage. This fucking old man has AIDS showing no sign of remorse to those people he might infect. To think that his next target is my Jennie makes me livid. I took a couple of minutes to compose myself. I need to be rational, and my emotion should drive me to make this succeed not the other way around. The two of us shot our heads at the door when we heard the security code being punched.

It's Jackson. When he settled he placed small plastics wraps containing tablets and a weed in front of us.

"These are the drugs we got from Burning Sub club." He said with a smug grin on his face.

"Elaborate." I command, eyeing the bad substances on the table.

"...With my convincing power summed up with a little bit of charm. I was able to get access inside the club. A good friend of mine agreed to play a role appearing as a big shot. After his several visits together with their invites we grab the attention of the people we want to talk to." He explained while he tossed a pen in his hand.

"This good friend of yours got a VIP?" Suzy asked.

Jackson smirks and wiggles his brows towards Suzy, which annoys the latter.

"Don't start the two of you. We need to start organising things here. And by the way where is this good friend of yours now, Jackson?" I need to make sure there will be no loose end on our part.

"He's now in a very far away country together with his family. Enjoying their new life." He assured with a broader grin on his face.

"Good. Let's get cracken." I ordered.

"Alrighty, I can't wait to piss them off." Jackson excitedly dive into the files.

"In which term you want to start, Ms. Manoban?" Suzy asked, with her monotone voice.

"Good question, let's start with his foreign buddy." I said, both of them shared a knowing look, understanding the next move.

________

I can feel the throbbing pain right above my left eye. I decided to close the blinds here in my office to avoid the city lights of Seoul. The last thing I want is to have a full blown migraine. I cover half of my face with my right hand. Trying to suppress the pulsing pain of my head.