17 - Live with the pain

Jennie

I lost count of how many days that I've been in these slacked cycle, and it's becoming unhealthy. During those days I wake up, check my phone, answer Lisa's text and watch random movies or series at Netflix. I only go out of my room when I'm starving.

"How did you cope with it?"

Those words of Linda inked in my brain. So today, I decided to break it. I am digging some of my old stuff in the stockroom. I've been looking for something that I think I might need. As I was going through the boxes I heard my phone ring. I decided to just ignore it, but it seems like the caller has no plan to stop buzzing me.

I grumbled. "Hello?" I didn't even bother to check the caller ID, I just want it to stop from making noise.

"Hey unnie, are you at your house?" It's Chaeyoung.

"Yes, why?"

"Hmm I'll be dropping some of our stuff. Is it a bad time?" She asked hesitantly. My brows furrowed, usually Jisoo is the one who's moving their things.

"Oh, sorry about that. I'll be there in a second." I quickly made my way to let her in. She was holding one box and the other one was on the floor.

"Hey, let me help you." I said and got the other box on the floor. Chaeng gave me a cheeky smile and we walked towards the room for them.

"Phew, thank god moving is done. It's just the personal stuff now." Chae said.

"I told you I can help, so you don't have to do it gradually. But the two of you are so persistent." I remarked.

"You've already done so much for us. And besides, I know you are busy too."

"I'm not, in fact I've been lazing around for days now. But anyway would you like to grab lunch with me?" I asked. I figure I need to go out of this house to get some fresh air. Locking myself in the four corners of my rooms makes me just overthink and that hurts me more.

"Thank god, you've mentioned food, unnie." Chaeyoung gleefully cling to my arm and we walk out in their future room. I took several minutes to change and make myself look presentable enough.

We decided to have Thai food for lunch, Chaeyoung was focused on the road while I was just looking at the surroundings outside of the window with the soft background music from the radio.

"Are you okay, unnie?" Chaeyoung randomly asked, I looked at the woman beside me, her eyes still focus on the road.

"I will be Chaeng, don't worry about me." I assured her. There's no sense if I lied saying I'm fine, we've been friends for a long time so it's safe to say that we knew each other well. She just hmm in response, our ride to the restaurant was silent. I find it odd becaused Chaeyoung is the bubbly one, she always starts and keeps our conversation lively.

We arrived at Ssong Thai. After we ordered our food silence fell.

"How about you, are you okay?" I asked.

Chaeng looked at me and let out a sign. "Just a little stress with work, Lisa has been a total pain in the ass for the past days." Chaeng complained and pouted.

I looked down, when Lisa's name was mentioned. If I'm being honest, I'm really missing her, but there is also part of me that hurting every time I see her. I don't know how it happened. But my last session with Linda makes me recognise how I suffer alone.

"Your spacing out, unnie."

I was snatched at my thoughts. I felt Chaeng's hand on mine, I glanced at her and gave me an understanding smile.