26 - Jelly Baby (M)

Lisa

"I guess this is all I can do to pay back for what you did for YG, Ms. Manoban." Jiyong said defeatedly.

I'm here with my secretary to talk about Jennie stepping away from the limelight for good. It was a long healthy argument and I made sure I'll have my way with it.

Both parties agreed in exchange that Jennie will finish her last full album and participate for the promotion. It wasn't an easy deal, but for my love I'll make sure it will happen. I shake hands with him; We exchanged pleasantry for the last time and made our way out of the YG building.

"Gosh, I can't believe this is happening." Chaeyoung blurted out, once inside the car on the way to Phoenix.

"Why is that?"

"It's just that Jennie unnie is so passionate about her crap. I've seen how she strives harder to continuously improve. It's hard to believe that she herself asked for it."

Sign.

"In this industry, it's not all about passion, Jennie loves making music and performing. But there are a lot of factors that come with the job. Almost all artists hate those and some of them get drowned with it." I explained. It is a sad and lonely road not everyone could understand because not everyone will get to experience life living in the limelight.

I felt Chaeyoung's gaze boring on me.

"What?" I felt conscious.

"I never thought you would be this whipped for Jennie, you're too far from what you are before." She said.

My brows are furrowed. I don't know if it is a complement or a jab.

"Don't get me wrong, I prepare you this way for Jennie unnie. At least now unnie smiles very often." Chaeyoung said.

"Am I that bad?" I averted my gaze down.

"Yes and no, I guess you are just self centered back then, you only think for yourself, Jennie unnie, always find a way to tend to your needs. But you also take care of her in your own way." Chaeyoung explained.

I just hmm in response and look outside the window. I'm glad knowing I make Jennie smile a lot now rather than causing her pain.

We arrived at Phoenix for about an hour drive. I just made a quick call to check on Jennie, and after that I occupy myself with work.

I've been into a couple of meetings with the board to discuss the upcoming debut of Phoenix new group, and a comeback for the girl group. This will be massive for the company. I need to make sure that everything is properly organised.

I was exhausted when I came back to my office, I took a couple of minutes to rest when I heard the door open. Chaeyoung approached me having this small smile formed on her lips.

"What is it?" I asked, I knew her reason for approaching me is not work related, based on her stance and shy demeanor.

"Well, the three of us usually have this end of month thing to catch up over a KTV bar. I figure if you want to come since you and Jennie are together." Chaeyoung explained looking at me with her hopeful eyes.

I feel glad, knowing they really warmed up towards me. But sadly I need to finish these documents.

"I'm afraid I couldn't make it. I need to finish these damn documents." I complained. Chaeyoung's expression sadden.

"It's a pity. But please try you know Jennie unnie can't stand being away from you that long." Chaeyoung said and gave me a small smile.

I smile, and just nod. She made her way back to her work station. I then got back to work having this motivation to finish all these documents as fast as I can.