34 - Checkmate

It was total chaos!

The allegations to Lisa and the multiple violations of Mr. Yang being uncovered to the public, damages the entertainment industry entirely. It creates tension especially to the people from the higher rank. However, the battle goes on between Lisa and Mr. Yang. The two CEOs are on the move trying to outdo and outsmart each other.

Lisa's team was able to plant strong evidence that will lead to Mr. Yang's illegal businesses, without making it too obvious. After several months of investigation the authority was able to confirm that The Burning Sun, NB2, along with the other three clubs are solely owned by the greedy CEO. In the end, the National Tax Service finally confirmed that Yang Hyun Suk had committed a tax evasion crime and he will be fined 6 Billion Won.

It didn't stop there. The person Jackson hired to get access to The Burning Sun club before, was ordered to testify. The man informed the authority about the illegal dealings happening inside the club, providing the illegal substances together with his membership to the said club. And from there it put the greedy CEO into a sticky situation.

As the big storm kept on hitting Mr. Yang. YG was being questioned about the rumor circulating inside the company and quickly grabbed the attention of the public. Jiyong's trusted men intentionally leaked a group conversation thru KakaoTalk, about the reason behind the sudden termination of several staff including the exits of almost all of its foreign investors. It was said to be the employee's removed from the agency, has deal with Mr. Yang's illegal business of prostitution, and those foreign investors are clients of the greedy CEO to his illegal dealings.

Lisa, on the other hand, was facing the monster she created. The women had been involved with her, in exchange for a better position in their career, was gathered by Mr. Yang. He offered them a large amount of money in exchange for telling their encounter with the lady CEO, adding more twist into it, in order to paint her a threat to society. But to his dismay, most of the women didn't take his offer, as they are afraid to put their names on the line of scandal.

It leaves him desperate, as the majority of the higher rank doesn't want to negotiate with him, because he exposed almost everything happening behind the scene.

________

Lisa

I received an email from Jiyong. Telling me that today, his statement will be released through MBC and SBS, addressing the issue of YG. He gave me a brief on how the statement will go. It was carefully done, not too obvious in pointing fingers to Mr. Yang, but will leave a strong conclusion to the public. He also mentioned the authority already took his side asking several questions about the greedy CEO, illegal deeds during his term at YG.

Sign.

After I acknowledged his email. I felt relieved. I rest my head on the chair and close my eyes to get a little rest. But it was short lived, as I was interrupted by the knock on the door. I plan to ignore it, since Chaeyoung told me I don't have any appointments for the rest of the day. When I heard the door open, that's when I got really annoyed. I was about to scold the person, but I was met with the beautiful face of my girlfriend.

"Hon?" I stood and went in her direction.

"You didn't tell me you'd come." I cheerfully said, and took the paper bag in her hand.

"I thought we could have lunch?" Jennie says with a smirk formed on her lips, her arms looped around my torso and she gave me a peck under my jaw.

I chuckled and pressed my lips into her. We did not move, but the kiss linger. I enjoy the serenity it brings.

Then went to the private room, while Jennie was organising the food on the table. She talked about her day at YG, how gloomy the atmosphere is. I change the topic into a light one, making silly jokes which make her laugh.