"I knew there was a catch to this."

So I've come to the realization that Suguro is kinda hot I—

~
As soon as you entered the forest, you were immediately assaulted by dozens of blood-sucking moths. You brought out one of your Magic Circle papers. You bit your thumb and slid it against the paper.

"Lord of the Dreams that Terrify, Sword of Cold and Darkness. Free yourself of Heaven's bonds. Let us walk the path of destruction together!" With a whirl of black smoke, your Shadow familiar (the horse) appeared. You hopped on its back and rode through the moths who flew away from your path. As you were riding through the forest, you could see a flash of blue from the distance. Your eyes were immediately drawn to that.

"That goddammed idiot," you whispered harshly. Still, you kept going in the same direction. You heard the moths begin to mutter about him. Son of Satan son of Satan son of Satan son of Satan son of Satan. It was a never-ending cacophony of the repeated phrase. You raised your hand and snapped your fingers. The moths in the immediate vicinity ignited in red flames, burning away. Annoying. You came across a small alcove where the lantern was laid on a stone slab, along with a cart. You looked at it, eye twitching.

"Are you kidding me?" You stared up at the peg latern with a stank face. "I knew there was a catch." With a sigh, you dismounted your horse and looked up at it. Your eyes glanced to another direction in the forest. Not to mention them. With a sigh, you brought out the match from your bag. That's when your phone began to ring. You looked at it.

"What's up Rin?"

'Hey, have you found a giant peg latern yet?'

"Unfortunately," you replied, "But I already have a plan to move it. Do you guys need help?"

'Not sure... Konekomaru says he has an idea, though.'

"I knew there was a catch to this," you said, "Holler if you need help. I'm good at multitasking."

'Alright. Same goes to you.'

"See you soon." You hung up. You looked at the latern. With a sigh, you walked over to the cart. "Shadow, come here," you replied. Your horse walked over to the car and alligned itself between the wooden cart and the metal handle. You looked around the forest and listened for anyone—to see if there were people near you. When you didn't hear or sense anyone, you placed your hands together. When you separated them, a rope of dimly-lit blue flames was created. You managed to successfully, and safely, attach your familiar to the cart's handle. You walked over to the latern before squatting down and slowly picking it up from the bottom. Geez, thanks Yukio. You walked over to the cart and carefully sat it down on the cart.

You let out a sigh and unsheathed your sword. The blade ignited in red flames—luckily, they weren't as bright as the blue. Your red flames had sealing properties already inside it. You stabbed it in the front of the latern, sealing its movements. You took out your match and lit it, throwing it inside. Bringing out your flashlight, you attracted more of the moths to feed to it.

"Okay, let's go back to the camp, Shadow," you instructed. The horse began to pull the cart effortlessly. Your sword kept the latern sealed, and you fed the flame more moths. That's when you heard and saw someone shoot off a flare from farther away. You raised a brow. Who's that? You know damn well Takara and Kamiki are too stubborn to give up, even if they have to work with each other. Rin and the others also would be fine. So who else was that? Your brows furrowed in concern. I was right. He's here. Even so, you kept going.

"Come on Shadow, let's pick up the pace!" You encouraged, beginning to run. With a demonic neigh, it wasn't hard for Shadow to catch up to you. When you got closer to the base, you quickly got rid of the blue flame ropes, and just helped Shadow pull it instead.

"Oh, good job," Shura greeted. You nodded.

"Thanks," you said, helping Shadow roll it to the middle, nearer the fire. You put out the flame inside the latern and ripped the paper. Shadow disappeared in a whirlwind of black. You removed your sword from the latern and sheathed it again. That's when you noticed Takara and Kamiki come in with their latern. However, you didn't really pay much attention to them. You kept an eye out for the others, mainly Rin. But that's when you noticed Yukio wasn't there. Did he go to where the flare was set off?

~
It was a few hours after you completed the mission before you even heard them. You looked up from your place on the ground to see them run into the circle with Rin pulling it.

"What the hell?! You guys already completed the mission?" Suguro asked, gaping at you three in disbelief.

"Are you kidding? I just made my familiars do it," Kamiki replied, "Although Y/n got here before us." You shrugged.

"Same, mostly."

"It took them this long, with all those people?" Takara said through his puppet. "Those damned slowpokes..." You stood up, stretching out your back.

"Man, it didn't take as long as I thought it would," you muttered. That's when you all heard a manic laugh. Looking up, you saw Amaimon land outside the circle with his Behemoth pet. Both you and Shura unsheathed your swords immediately.

"Don't just stand there!" She exclaimed.

"Go! Behemoth!" Amaimon said, unchaining it. The demon launched towards the circle. Shura whistled. A white snake burst from the campfire. The fire itself then spread out in a giant Magic Circle. Energy shot up out of it and into the sky, blinding all of you. Amaimon and his Behemoth pet was also blown far away. When the light died down, everyone turned to Shura.

"An absolute barrier?" Suguro asked. Shura stabbed her sword into the ground.

"That's right. Whoever's inside the Magic Circle will be protected, and anything outside of it will be repelled..." She replied, "Well you should be safe for the time being."

"Never mind that—what about that guy just now?" Kamiki asked.

"Ms. Shura, is this part of the drill?" Konekomaru added.

"I mean, don't you think that's a little too brutal?" Shima continued. Shura put her hair up into a sloppy bun.

"The drill is over," she announced, "Starting now, we're going to prepare for Amaimon's attack."

"Amaimon?" The majority of them repeated.

"By Amaimon, do you mean one of the Eight Kings... the Baal..." Kamiki trailed off, "The King of Earth?" Shura walked over to the tent and picked up a gallon of holy water.

"Right. He's one of the bug guns, so you ExWires pretty much have no chance against him," Shura replied, "I'm going to bolster your defenses with Triple C-concentrated Holy Water, so gather round!" She splashed all of them, and then you. You took a deep breath in and then out to keep yourself calm. She then aimed it at Rin, but stopped short.

"Whoops!" She said, "Close call! There would've been big trouble if I'd poured some on you!" She then poured the rest on Konekomaru. She threw the container to the ground and crossed herself.

"In the beginning, God created Heaven and Earth..." She then placed her hands on her hips. "All right. Until the Holy Water dries, no matter what happens, the damage will be minimized."

"Aren't you going to do anything for Okumura?" Suguro asked, pointing at him.

"Um... actually he's allergic to Holy Water!" Shura replied. You rolled your eyes slightly.

"Al-allergic to Holy Water?! I've never heard that one before! Y/n, is that true?" Suguro leaned over to look at you. You shrugged.

"It's true," you replied, "Whenever Rin would come into contact, he would get these really nasty burns. Takes him weeks to heal from them."

"Hold on, where's Yukio?" Rin asked, now noticing his brother was missing.

"He was kind of in the way, so I sent him off somewhere," Shura replied with a sly smile. Your brow twitched. This bitch...

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}