"You're cooler than I could ever dream of being."

Later that early morning, you caught Rin and Kuro sitting on a roof overlooking the city.

"Hey early bird," you greeted, standing besides him. He looked up at you in surprise.

"Y/n," he greeted back quietly, "What're you doing up so early?"

"Could ask you the same question," you replied, glancing down at him. He smiled softly, turning his head back to the city.

"I couldn't sleep."

"Thinkin about Shiro?"

"Well yeah, but not just him."
You turned your head to look at him.

"Who else you thinking about?"

"Well... you, I guess."

"Me?"

"I-I mean, you know, because... well..." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "It's just that... besides the old man and Yukio... you were the first one who... believed in me, I guess."

"And that's worthy of praise?" You inquired.

"Of course it is!" He replied, looking up at you. "You're hella cool!" Your eyes widened for a brief moment before returning to normal.

"I suppose you're right," you said.

"Of course I am! You don't give yourself enough credit!" Rin was starting to get riled up now. "You're amazing, Y/n!" You took a step back out of shock, close to the edge. You and him stared at each other in silence, his eyes blazing with admiration and determination. You let a chortle slip past your lips before you jokingly pushed him away.

"He-hey!" He exclaimed in surprise, "What was that for—"

"It's you who doesn't give yourself enough credit," you said, "Sure, Shiro, Yukio, and I helped you grow up into who you are, but it's you who decided to make the ultimate change." You smiled at him.

"You're cooler than I could ever dream of being."
His face exploded in red, skin steaming in the coolness. You let him cook for a little, turning your head to overlook the city.

"I heard Shura took your sword away," you said after a while. "Gave you a wood one in substitution."

"Yeah," he replied, "Told me I had to learn to control my flames." You laughed lightly.

"Well she's right. Can't wave your flames around blindly, you'll hurt people."
Rin glanced up nervously at you, his cheeks tinting a light blush.

"Li-listen..." He started quietly, "I know you already do so much for me, but... but..." Crossing your arms, you quirked a brow at him.

"Come on Rin, use your big boy words." You smiled teasingly. Blush growing deeper, he took a deep breath.

"IWASWONDERINGIFYOUCOULDHELPTRAINME!" He yelled out in a single breath. Your brows raised in surprise, mouth dropping open slightly.

"You want me to train you?"
His face began to steam.

"... pl-... please..."
You took a moment to process it before bursting out laughing. Flustered, and already embarrassed, Rin yelled at you to quit laughing.

"If that's something you want, then I'd be glad to help you!" You unsheathed your sword, pointing it at him. "Show me what you got, rookie." You smirked. Staring at the blade for a moment, he quickly smirked, standing up.

"Yeah, you're on!" He exclaimed back, "You too, Kuro! Let's play!"

"Okay! Let's play! Let's play!" Kuro jumped off of Rin's shoulder. With a poof, Kuro doubled up in size.

"You kids ready?" You asked, looking between the two of them.

"Yeah!" Rin exclaimed.

"Mm! Mm!" Kuro replied.

"Come!" You and the two of them jumped from the roof.

~
"Rin... Rin," you said, poking him with your sword. The three of you had sparred nonstop since early morning until it was time to go to school. Rin, however, had fallen asleep on the roof, and homeroom had already began.

"Kuro, can you wake him up?" You asked. Kuro walked over to Rin's face and jabbed his paw into his cheek several times. Even bringing his claws out sometimes. Kuro looked up at you and shrugged. You sighed. "Great." You sheathed your sword and stood up straight. Not my problem if he's asleep.

~
You were sat at your desk alone. Rin had yet to wake up and show up.

"How do you do?" The professor said from the front. Your brow twitched. "I've been transferred from the Vatican Headquarters to the Japan Branch. My name is Shura Kirigakure, and I'm 18! Just kidding! Well, actually I've been in class with you all for the last three months. Nice to meet you!" You sighed and leaned back. I knew it... You looked around the class and saw everyone was either surprised, dumbfounded, or head over heels in love (which was Shima).

"Um, anyway... Magic Circles and Seals... Swordsmanship too? What a pain... Those are the subjects I'll be teaching you guys," Shura said. At least it's stuff I like. Suguro raised his hand.

"Uh... Ms. Kirigakure?" He asked.

"Huh? What is it, Suguro?" She inquired, finger-gunning him. Suguro stood.

"Why were you pretending to be a student?"
You raised your brows expectantly.

"That's a grown up issue. Nothing that brats need to worry about," she replied, but quickly looking at you and winking. You just huffed.

"Br..."

"Ms. Kirigakure!" Kamiki stood, raising her hand. "I thought that Professor Noihaus was in charge of the Magic Circles and Seals class? Changing instructors mid-semester is so..."

"Um... the professor is on maternity leave... maternity leave!"

"Professor Noihaus is a man!" Kamiki exclaimed.

"Okay, then it's Paternity leave, or... man, what a pain."
You shook your head lightly and facepalmed.

"You should ask the Preceptor about things like that."
The door to the classroom opened. You turned your head and saw Rin. You smirked lightly.

"Sorry," he said, "See... I didn't get much sleep last night... so I was napping on the roof, but even after homeroom ended, no one came to wake me up." He robotically turned his head to you.

"I tried, dude," you replied, "Unless you wanted me to throw you off the roof?" His brow twitched.

"If it'd wake me up..."

"Don't make your excuses there--come on in!" Shura said, "I won't get mad at you." That's when Rin realized who was teaching the class.

"Huh? What are you doing here?" He asked, gawking at her.

"Never mind, just get your butt in your seat," she replied. He sat down next to you and opened his book.

"Get enough sleep?" You teased.

"You little...!" He whispered angrily.

"All right then, now that we're all here, let's get this class started," Shura said, holding up an INTRODUCTORY SEALS book. "I think I'll have someone read the chapter on geomancy in Seal Art 101." Your eyes skimmed the pages.

"Okay, I'm picking the tardy Okumura!"

"Yes!" He stood, reaching into his pocket and pulling out his clip. Once he clipped his hair back, he began to read off from the page. You looked up at him with a small smile on your face.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}