"Seems like a perfectly good option to me."

You and Rin saw Neuhaus way too soon. It was him and Yukio who arrived back at the dorm. You had stayed quiet.

"You..." Rin said, staring at him. "Yu-Yukio! That guy's... our enemy--" A foot appeared and kicked Rin in the back of the head, sending him flying across the room with varying shrieks. You looked up and saw Mephisto appear from the ceiling.

"Me-Mephisto?!" Rin exclaimed.

"All right!" Mephisto said, landing on the floor. The others gasped out in surprise. "Hi! My young pages! Thank you all for your hard work!"

"I-is that the director?" Suguro asked.

"What's going on?" Shima added. Mephisto turned around to face you.

"Of course I would never allow an upper-level demon to infiltrate this school!" He said, snapping his fingers. Instructors and professors popped out from the floorboards, ceiling, and closets. You looked around with furrowed brows. So Mephisto knew this was happening? Does he also know about Neuhaus' true intentions, then? "Instructors with Doctor credentials, kindly tend to the wounded." They followed his order. You let out a sigh.

"Man... who knew we were being watched," you said.

"Surprise! That's right! This boot camp also happened to server as your ExWire Authorization Exam!" Mephisto clapped. "While camp was in session, we tested you thoroughly via strategically placed instructors around the building." Your eyes widened.

"I will now read their reports and make the final call on whether you've passed or failed." Wait... wait wait wait... "Please look forward to the announcement of those results!"

~
You and the others were in the infirmary for the others to recover from the ghoul's bodily fluid. You sat away from the group on another bed. Your head was bowed, eyes staring at your lap. Wait wait wait... if what Mephisto said is true, that there were meticulously placed instructors... did anyone see my flames? Or was Neuhaus the only one to see? Would he tell? Or is he solely focused on Rin? What do I even say if I'm questioned?

"By the way, Okumura, how did you defeat that ghoul?" Konekomaru asked Rin.

"Huh? Oh, Y/n did most of the work," Rin replied with a smile, pointing behind himself to you.

"How did she defeat the ghoul?" Konekomaru asked.

"Uh... hey Y/n!"
You snapped back when Rin addressed you.

"How did you defeat the ghoul?"

"Oh... I used my sword," you replied, "It wasn't that hard."

"Really? That's amazing. You have the potential to be a Knight then!" Konekomaru said. You laughed lightly.

"Really? Thanks," you replied. If I live long enough.

~
It was late into the night. You were sleeping in your bed... actually, scratch that--you were sleeping in Rin's bed. Rin was sleeping in your bed. You heard heavy footsteps come up to the room. The door opened. You snuggled deeper under the sheets, but your eyes were wide awake. You heard him unsheathe his large drafting compass. You anticipated his attack. He held it up high before driving it down. You threw the sheet off you and combatted it with your sword. The clank of metal and sparks made his eye widen.

"Hello there, Mr. Neuhaus," you greeted with a smirk. The click of a gun echoed off in the quiet room. Neuhaus' attention was put on Yukio who was behind him, gun drawn.

"I thought you said you didn't intend to kill him... Mr. Neuhaus," he said.

"Well done, Yukio Okumura, Y/n L/n," Neuhaus said. He ran. You jumped up and struck down your sword. He blocked with his weapon. Yukio shot at him, but he dodged around the doorway. When you two ran out of the room, Neuhaus was going up the steps. His sleeve was pulled up, a gash on his arm. Blood covered his skin.