"Rin, Nuns don't usually wear small bikini tops like that."

The Great Cell was a large stone room with several metal pipes going through it. Both you and Rin were kicked into it by Shura. When you gained your footing, you turned to face her, shielding Rin from her. The large door closed.

"Come on, don't you get tired of doing all the dirty work for him?" Shura asked, facing you.

"Never have, never will," you replied. Your eyes then narrowed. "You knew Shiro and Yukio?"

"Well, yeah. I was a disciple of Shiro Fujimoto's," she replied.

"Disciple?" Rin repeated, somehow dumbfounded. "You mean you're a nun or something?" You facepalmed.

"Rin, Nuns don't usually wear small bikini tops like that."

"Unfortunately, I've never once prayed to God in my life," she replied, "That's because I've lived in some pretty lousy places. But back when I was living just for the sake of surviving another day, there was a man who rescued me... that man was Shiro Fujimoto. That was long before you two were born..." Then, in a turn of events, Shura collapsed to the ground, grunting in pain.

"Wh-what's the matter?" Rin called out.

"Rin, don't," you said, but he ignored you and walked closer to her. You sighed and let it happen.

"Did you hurt yourself somewhere in that battle?"
When he was close enough, she grabbed his sword and hopped away from him. It took him a moment to realize it was gone.

"Moron! Falling for the oldest con in the book!" Shura said, "Do you really want to give this away to other people so many times?"

"Of course not... like hell I do!" Rin exclaimed, his blue flames igniting. He ran at Shura, swiping at her. She jumped back, effortlessly avoiding him.

"Devour the Eight Princesses..." The seal on her chest glowed purple. "Sever the serpent." She drew her demon sword. You let out an irritated sigh and unsheathed your own sword, standing in front of Rin, ready.

"Why the hell...? Why would my old man's disciple point a sword at me?" Rin asked.

"The day Shiro died, I received secret orders from the Vatican Headquarters in my capacity as an upper-level Inspector." She secured the Kurikara on her back. "Suspecting Shiro Fujimoto and Japan Branch Preceptor Mephisto Pheles were conspiring ever since the Blue Night sixteen years ago, possibly shielding a Satan-related entity, I was sent here to investigate. And one more thing." You tightened your grip on the hilt of your sword.

"If my conclusion was that the cover-up was indeed Satan-related, I had the go-ahead to eliminate it immediately." Her sword flickered. You only had more of a reason to kill her.

"Eliminate?" Rin repeated.

"I just saw your blue flames with my own eyes," Shura said, "Blue flames... namely, proof that you're the spawn of Satan. As ordered, I'm going to kill you. In other words, the disciple will clean up her mentor's mess."

"Over my dead body!" You exclaimed angrily, getting into a stance.

"Kirigakure-style Demon Sword Technique... Serpent Fang!"
Slices of air blasted towards you two. You moved the sword so you were holding it long ways. The blade cut the air slices in half. The attack collided with the wall behind you, shaking the entire room. Rin shielded himself from the aftershock. Shura took a deep breath and sent two more slices of air towards you. This time, you properly grabbed the sword and cut the airwaves in half again, letting the halves crash into the wall. She didn't let up her assault, and you didn't let down your defenses. Rin just stared at you in pure awe.

Shura took a moment to stop and assess the situation.

"Is that all you got?" You taunted. She narrowed her eyes at you. She then held the sword by both ends.

"Kirigakure-style Demon Sword Technique..." She started. You knew what you had to do.

"By the Seven Swords of the Archangels, I call upon Treachery, The Judge! Heed my command, aid me in battle, and see me revel in victory!"

"Rattle!"
Apparitions of giant snakes appeared behind her. You pulled out your sword from the purple magic circle below you. They launched at you both. As they came closer, you swung your sword skillfully and precisely, your blade cutting through what would be their heads. The ghostly apparitions dispersed in disembodies hisses.

"Man, you're annoying," she said.

"Speak for yourself," you said, pointing the sword at her.

"Tch... talk about deluded," she said quietly, "This kid can't even protect himself. You were senile, Shiro. To give up the battle and cling to an impossible hope..."

"You're wrong!" Rin yelled from behind you. "My dad died protecting me! He was no coward!" Shura just narrowed her eyes at him.

"Oh yes, he was a coward."

"You don't know anything about it! So don't just make up crap like that!" He then clenched his hand and his blue flames ignited. You glanced behind yourself at him. Slowly, he pushed past you.

"Rin--"

"So what if you were his disciple or whatever..." He spoke to Shura, "Nobody disses my dad... I won't let you get away with it!" He launched himself at her, and they engaged in close combat. Shura had no problem deflecting his attacks. You watched from the sidelines. He's just... all over the place. Shura sent more slices of air at him and you jumped away to not get caught up in the blast. Rin wasn't so lucky. He landed on the ground, rolling onto his stomach. Zero battle theory and conservative of movements.

"What's wrong? Didn't you say I won't get away with it?" She taunted, "If you're not coming at me, then I'll go." Faster than before, she launched at him. Rin wasn't prepared for her sudden speed, but you were. You appeared in front of Rin, blocking him from the blade.

"Why?" She asked you. "Why are you so adamant on protecting the spawn of Satan?"

"I promised Shiro the day he died," you replied, "That I would always be there for Rin and Yukio. That I'd protect them in times of need. I don't care who it is that become my enemy. I'll cut them down too!"

"Yeah, sure, how noble," she replied, starting to strain against you. "Unless you have some secret you're trying to hide as well." You and her stared at each other, your blades pressing against one another.

"I promised him... right in front of his grave!" Rin exclaimed from behind you. It drew both of your attention. "That I'd become a great exorcist like him, and beat the shit out of Satan!"

"Beat the shit out of Satan, huh?" Shura repeated.

"That's right! I'm gonna become the most powerful exorcist--a Paladin!" He declared, "If I become a Paladin, that that will convince everyone... that my dad was right all along!"

"A Paladin? Don't make me laugh, you brat!" She pushed harder against you. Then something seemed to change in her. Her push against you relaxed. In fact, she began to chuckle. She released the pressure off of you and took a step back, laughing loudly. "You were right... he's amusing... this kid. No, actually, maybe the ridiculous one is me." She snapped her fingers and the door opened again. She sealed her sword back inside her chest and you let your sword sink back into the ground.

"Hey kid, do you love Shiro?" She asked Rin.

"Huh? It-it's not like that!"
You smiled, looking at Rin while strapping your sword to your back again.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}