"Geez... calm down, will ya?"

You and Rin walked down a set of steps after being instructed to go to your dorms to prepare for next week's classes. You and him stayed together a majority of the time.

"Hold up, where the hell is the dorm? No one told me jack!" Rin exclaimed. You put a hand on his shoulder.

"Calm down," you said. Something nudged your ankle and you looked down. A small, white dog stood in front of you. Your eye twitched.

'... is he serious?' You thought.

"A dog?" Rin said. You let out a quiet sigh. The dog grabbed Rin's pant leg and spun him around, running a few feet forward. He looked back as a sign for you to follow him. You and Rin looked at each other before running after it. It made you chase him outside of the school and all the way to the outside of the city. The dog climbed onto a lamp post. You and Rin stopped. With a poof and pink smoke, the dog turned back into Mephisto.

"Pardon me..." He said, "It wouldn't do for the School's Director... to be prowling the grounds for no reason."

"So you disguised yourself as a dog," you said.

"Eh!? You knew?!" Rin exclaimed. You looked at him and tilted your head at him.

"It was obvious."

"... oh... it was...?"
You just patted his head gently. Mephisto held up a key and threw it at you. You caught it easily.

"That key can access the cram school anytime, through any door," Mephisto said.

"Cram school?" Rin repeated. Mephisto hopped off of the post.

"A cram school for training exorcists," he explained, "You will attend high school at this academy, but after classes, you will train at the cram school to become a page. In other words, you will be studying exorcism as an exorcist-in-training."

"So we need to balance school and exorcism," you spoke.

"Correct," he replied, "Your high school classes don't begin until next week, but cram school starts today." Mephisto walked towards you two.

"You're fully prepared, I hope?" He leaned forward near your faces.

"Sure I am," Rin replied, for once in his life, serious.

"Well, I have nothing better to do, so sure." You shrugged.

"I do have one warning for you," Mephisto said, sticking his finger in Rin's chest. "You must keep that you're the son of Satan confidential." You saw Rin clench his jaw.

"You might be able to explain the ears, teeth, and tail, but flames are a definite no-no. Kindly control yourself."
You slid yourself between them.

"Don't worry, everything is under control," you said.

"Fine!" Mephisto turned and jumped onto the short stone wall. "Now then, shall we?" He jumped off the wall.

"Hey!" Rin ran up to it and looked over. You followed after him, but calmly. Mephisto stood on the ground below you.

"I'd like you to try to open one of these doors with that key," he said. You nodded.

"Sure." You swung your legs over and jumped down. Rin followed suit. You landed on your feet, but Rin wasn't as graceful. With a roll of your eyes you helped him up.

"Geez, watch yourself," you said. He just gave you a nervous laugh. You turned towards the door and put the key in the lock. With a turn, the sound of a heavy lock unlocking resounded. You pulled the door open and looked inside. A large, colorful hall greeted you.