"Awe, is wittle Win jeawous?"

You and some of your other classmates were sitting in the middle of an amusement part—Mepphyland. Seems like a bad rehash of Disneyland. You were sitting next to Rin on the center statue of Mephisto. Rin and another professor were speaking a few feet away from you.

"So you got attacked by a squid demon who had a change of heart because a sailor got lost at sea?" You asked him.

"Yep," Rin replied. You gazed at him like -.-.

"And you drew your sword, revealing your flames in front of a young boy."

"... yep."
You sighed and hung your head.

"You difficult piece of—"

"Geez, what a drag," Suguro said dramatically, standing up.

"The hell you bitchin about now?" You asked, brow twitching.

"Why bring along useless dumbasses who won't even pull their weight?"
You looked over to the side and saw the hooded-student and the quiet one with a puppet. Well, he's got a point. You thought. Your eyes went to the one with the hood over their face. Although, that one is sketchy.

"Sorry I'm late!" You heard Shiemi's voice. You all looked over to see her and Kamiki running to catch up to you. All of the boys' cheeks were painted with a faint pink. Shiemi was no longer wearing her kimono, but the school uniform. But their eyes went to her chest, which was very pronounced in the shirt. The two girls caught up to the statue with Shiemi out of breath.

"Where's your Kimono?" You asked, coming to stand in front of her to shield her from the others' gazes. Shiemi straightened to look at you.

"Since kimonos aren't really suitable for missions... I asked the director to issue me a uniform," she replied. She then looked over to Yukio. "Oh, and I was late because I was having Ms. Kamiki teach me how to put it on."

"Like it's my job to..." Kamiki grumbled.

"Um... you don't think it looks funny on me?" Shiemi asked, a small blush on her face. You slid in front of the boys and gave her a thumbs up.

"You look amazing, Shiemi," you said with an encouraging nod. She smiled at you.

"Th-thanks!"
Rin jumped down from the fountain and shuffled over to you.

"He-hey, is it just me, or is her skirt too short?" He whispered in your ear. "Right, Y/n?" You looked at him with a deadpan.

"Rin, I'm wearing the exact same uniform, as is every girl at this school."
His eyes traveled down to your legs and his face exploded in red.

"What do you mean? You know you were just staring at Shiemi's boo—"
You sharply uppercut him, sending him flying to the ground with a screech.

"All right, now that we're all here, let me announce how you've been paired off for this mission," Yukio spoke once everyone was settled and ready. He opened his binder. "Eh... Miwa and Takara. Yamada and Suguro. Kamiki and Shima. And with the uneven number, Okumura, L/n, and Moriyama."

"We're together, Y/n, Rin!" She said happily. You smiled at her.

"Yeah, let's work hard."

~
The teachers moved you to a more open area of the amusement park.

"Today, we're here at Mepphyland in response to several reports of a ghost pulling pranks, and we're having you take over the search," Yukio explained, "We've sealed off the park for the day, so find the ghost in that time. When you've found it, contact either Mr. Tsubaki or myself on our cell phones." Mr. Tsubaki then coughed when it was his turn to talk.

"Now then, what is the definition of a ghost?" He asked, "Ms. Kamiki?" What was the point of asking it if you were just going to ask someone to define it?

"A ghost is a demon who possesses the volatile emissions from the corpse of a human or animal, and is characterized by being influenced by its host's emotions before death."

"Yes, very good."

"Um..." Konekomaru spoke, "How many ghosts are there, exactly?"

"Well, it's been spotted all over the park, but it's just one ghost," Yukio replied, "Outwardly, it appears to be a small boy, and its mischief has been limited to arm pulling and skirt flipping..." Your brow twitched.

"But we must find it before the pranks escalate and pose real danger."

"If we tackle it with all this manpower, it should be a breeze," Suguro said. Konekomaru and Rin nodded in agreement.

"Any other questions?" Yukio finished. No one spoke up. "All right then—go to it!"

~
You, Rin, and Shiemi split from the others and covered another section of the park.

"You keep an eye on the right side Rin, and I'll look on this side," Shiemi chirped, "Y/n, you keep an eye in front!" You nodded.

"Yeahhhhh," you drawled out. It grew quiet between the three of you. You looked over at Shiemi and saw her walking quite stiffly—almost like a robot. Your brow quirked.

"Uh, you okay Shiemi?" You asked her. She stopped walking and spun around to face you two. Rin let out an exclaim of shock and you just blinked at her. "Oi, you okay? You're making a strange face." She looked like a really fat baby making an angry face.

"No-not really. I'm not laughing or anything..." She strained out. You glanced at Rin who glanced at you.

"Then what're you doing?"
Without another word, she turned and began to walk away from you two.

"Hey—hold up!" Rin called out as you began to jog after her. "What's up with her?"

"Beats me," you replied. You all arrived at the part of the amusement park where most of the bigger rides were. Shiemi stopped at another entrance and her entire face lit up in excitement. You stopped next to her and peeked at her face.

"Shiemi?"
She must've realized what she was doing because a blush coated her cheeks. She immediately relapsed back into her shier state.

"I-I've always dreamed of coming to an amusement park," she replied quietly, shyly glancing at you. "But when I was little, I couldn't stand to be in crowds of people, so of course, amusement parks were out of the question... I'll bet it's all lively and fun on normal days..."

"Oh it probably is," you said casually.

"HE-HEY! DON'T MAKE HER FEEL BAD!" Rin exclaimed from behind you. You just stuck your tongue out at him.

"But I think that now, I could..."
You glanced back at her.

"Then, if you're ready, let's hang out here some time," you said. Her head snapped over to you.

"Okay!" She replied, a big smile coming to her face.

"O-OI! WHAT ABOUT ME?!" Rin yelled from your side.

"Awe, is wittle Win jeawous?" You teased, gently petting his head. His face exploded in red.

"I—I—WHAT?! N-NO! OF-OF COURSE NO-NOT!! I-I DON'T GET JEAW—I MEAN—JEALOUS!!"
You just laughed lightly and patted him on the back.

"Come on, let's go look somewhere else."

"Yes!" Shiemi followed you immediately.

"Je-jerk..." Rin muttered, his face still steaming red, but nonetheless, followed after you too.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}