"What a bratty demon."

The three of you were walking the halls of the school. After that interesting talk with Mephisto, it was found out that 2,000 yen, was for a whole month. All three of you couldn't live off of 2,000 yen a week, let alone a month.

"Remember was dad used to say. 'Man shall not live by bread alone'," Yukio recited.

"Yes, but lectures don't fill a stomach," you replied, "Especially one like Rin's."

"Don't act like you're not hungry all the time!" Rin snapped his head around to glare at you. You glared back at him.

"You aint gonna do shit, boy," you said while sticking out your tongue.

"But hey, are you cool with this?" Rin directed that to Yukio. "Are you satisfied with a lame allowance of 2,000 yen?"

"Well, I have my job as an instructor, and I get paid pretty well as an exorcist too."

"You traitor!!!!" Rin reached for the hilt of his sword again. You lightly tapped him on the head.

"Now, now, you won't starve," you said.

"Yeah, there's one way you won't starve to death," Yukio agreed.

~
Yukio dragged the both of you to the supermarket. While the brothers were shopping, you went off on your own to look at some stuff. You weren't planning on getting anything, since it's not your money to spend. While you were browsing in a more empty aisle, you could feel someone touch your sword. You spun around, seeing a child behind you. Normally no one would touch your sword, let alone a child.

You blinked at them awkwardly, turning your head to see if there were any adults around.

"Uh... can I help you?" You asked. The child just smiled at you before skipping out of the aisle and turning. "Uhhhhh..." You followed after them, coming to the intersection and looking left and right, but you didn't see them. What the hell was that.

"Hey, Y/n!" You heard Rin call. You turned your head to see Rin waving his arm at you. "Come on! We're done!"

"Yeah," you replied back, quickly running after the two brothers. When you three got out of the store, you felt a stare on your back. You turned your head and saw the same child in the parking lot, staring at you, specifically. You furrowed your brows. The hell's that kid's problem?

~
Later that night, Rin was in the kitchen already preparing your lunches for tomorrow. You and Yukio were watching him from the other side of the counter.

"Hey, you don't need to start this late at night, you know," Yukio said.

"You should prepare lunch the night before and freeze it." Rin turned his head to you two. "Next morning, you bring it to school frozen, and it will thaw to just the right temperature by noon. Just a little housewife's tip, should I say?"

"Hm," you hummed, "Solid thinking."

"I'd be glad if you spent the same amount of energy on your studies," Yukio said with a smile.

"Shut up will you!" Rin exclaimed, holding up a spatula like a mother would. "Just piss off and go to bed!" You laughed lightly.

"Don't have to tell me twice," you said, "Goodnight you two." You waved at them and left the kitchen first, walking your candy ass to your room. When you got to your room you shut the door, shut the lights off, and crawled into bed. With your back facing the open room, you made sure to bury yourself under the covers. It was well into the night. You assumed Yukio and Rin were asleep by then--or you had hoped. You woke up from a dead sleep because you felt the stare of someone on you. You rolled over and looked around your room, not seeing anyone. Your gaze then went to the window over your desk. There was no one outside either. You narrowed your eyes before rolling over with your back to the wall and falling asleep again.

~
The next morning, you were standing next to Yukio washing your face in the large sink. You heard the fast footsteps of Rin running down the hallway. Since you were in front of Yukio, you quickly jumped onto the sink before Rin drop kicked his brother.

"YOU FOUR EYED MOLE FACE!!"
Yukio was sent flying across the hall. You just glanced at the two brothers like 0.0.

"WHO'RE YOU CALLING A FOUR EYED MOLE FACE?!" Yukio yelled back, shoving on his glasses.

"SHUT UP! I DON'T CARE HOW HUNGRY YOU WERE, THERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T EVER DO!!" Rin held the three empty bento boxes in his hands.

"Huh?"

"DON'T PLAY DUMB! THE FOOD THAT I COOKED FOR OUR LUNCH... YOU ATE IT ALL DIDN'T YOU?!"

"Wheeew child--" You gasped, lowkey enjoying the drama.

"I'd never do such a thing and you know it!" Yukio defended. Rin's head then snapped to you.

"YOU--"

"I was asleep, dumbass. Besides, I'm not that hungry."

"Then tell me who did?! It's just the three of us in this dorm, remember?!"
Then all three of you seemed to realize at once.

"Just the three of us?" You repeated.

"No it's not," Yukio said, "Every day, whenever it was time to eat, there was always food for all of us!" You bit your lip. How could I not realize? I overlooked such a dumb detail!

"Which we always ate without a second thought..." Rin added on.

"I don't cook, either," you said, "So who cooked us those meals?" The sound of metal chopping someone echoed up to where you were.

"Someone's there!" Yukio said.

"Someone...? Who?" Rin swallowed. The three of you snuck down to the kitchen area and peaked over the counter. The person's back was turned. You recognized him immediately. Huh? He turned around.

"Good morning, gentlemen, ladies!" He greeted with a smile.

"Mephisto?!" Rin's eyes popped out of his skull.

"Was it you, then? The one who's been cooking our meals for us?" Yukio asked.

"Certainly not," Mephisto replied, "I am just a temporary replacement."

"Temporary replacement?" The three of you inquired at once.

"The one in charge of your meals is Ukobach," Mephisto explained.

"Ukobach?" Rin repeated. Your brows raised in surprise. Ah, should've known.

"I've heard that name before," Yukio said, "I think he's a stove spirit. A spirit who slips into the kitchen while humans sleep, and improves the flavor of the food..."

"I see you're not an instructor for nothing. A splendid answer!" Mephisto pointed the cleaver at him. "He has been loyally carrying out his duties as my familiar. However, yesterday... because you trespassed on Ukobach's territory, namely, the kitchen, he is now in a snit, and has boycotted his job."

"What a bratty demon," you commented flatly.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}