"Why couldn't I have summoned an imp..."

I posted this at 1 am without a title I—

~
You and Rin were walking down the cram school's hallway together. Up ahead, you two spotted Shiemi, sprawled on the floor and missing her shoes.

"Shiemi?" You called, the two of you stopping. "What're you doing down there?" She quickly got on her shoes and stood up.

"No-nothing!" She quickly replied. You raised a brow at her. Then she turned and began to walk away from you two. You glanced up at Rin and he returned the glance.

"What the hell was that."
Rin shrugged.

"Beats me. She's a weirdo."
You nudged him.

"Be nice," you scolded gently.

~
When you and Rin got into Yukio's class, you took your normal seats next to each other.

"All right, summer vacation is less than a month and a half away, but before the break, you'll take this year's Exwire Authorization Exam," Yukio said.

"Esquire? What's that?" Rin asked, looking at you.

"Exwire, Rin," you corrected gently. "It's a candidate to become an Exorcist."

"Oohh."

"Be aware, once you're promoted to Exwire, you'll be subjected to more specialized training," Yukio continued on, "So the exam won't be easy to pass. Therefore... next week we'll hold a week long boot camp to prepare you for it."

"Boot camp?" Rin repeated. Yukio walked up to your desk and handed you both papers.

"As the camp isn't mandatory, indicate if you'll be participating, as well as the 'meister', or title, that you'd like to acquire, and turn in the form by Monday."
You looked at the paper with a sigh. I'm in too deep now.

"Meister? Title?" Rin said confusingly.

"Meister is a technical qualification needed to be an exorcist," you explained, "It's a title given to those with high skill. Knight, Dragoon, Aria, Tamer, and Doctor. Those are the five titles. If you've acquired one, you can become an exorcist."

"I see... I think I kinda get it," he said, looking at his papers.

"Your combat style will vary depending on which title you get."

"Right... thank you, Y/n," he said, a smile and blush coming up to his face. "What are you gonna go for?"

"Knight," you replied automatically.

"Knight?"

"A Knight is a Meister who fights with a sword."

"Sword?"
You looked at Rin.

"You should go for Knight, too. If you want to know about other titles, you should ask around. Try Suguro and his gang. They might be helpful."

"Oh... okay, thanks Y/n!" He got up and walked over to the others' table. You smiled at him lightly.

~
Your next class was with Igor Neuhaus. A brooding, stoic man you would rather keep your distance from. You all were standing in a circle in a classroom with him at the front. He drew a summoning circle on the floor with chalk.

"All right..." He spoke, "I will now summon a demon." The circle on the floor was extremely complex. You looked at it. Curious, Rin took a step forward.

"Don't step on the drawing!" Igor warned, "If the Magic Circle is broken, it will lose all effect. To summon a demon, you will need a drop of your own blood and a suitable invocation." Raising his hand which was covered in bloody bandages, he clenched his fist before relaxing it, letting a few drops of blood drip to the circle.