She Deserves Better

"Stiles? Why are you so late? Why is Allison with you?," Caitlin bombards me with questions as I walk through the door of my apartment. I have Allison's things hanging off my right shoulder while I'm carrying Allison, her head leaning on my left shoulder. I kick the door close and start to move towards Allison's room. "Stiles?"

"Allison's sleeping," I whisper to her trying not to wake Allison. "Give me a second to put her to sleep."

I lightly kick open the door to Allison's room to put her on her bed. When I gently set her down, I move to put her bag on the floor next to her bed, settling to just put her things away tomorrow. The thought of doing anything other than crash tonight makes me nauseous.

I can't cope with what happened tonight. I can't cope with the fact that Lydia would be so careless around our daughter. Out of all people, I never thought that of Lydia. I always expected better from her. That's our daughter, and should always be our first priority. I can't believe Lydia would let someone around her who could have potentially hurt her or lifestyle could have hurt her.

I grab the comforter from Allison's bed and lay it on top of her small body and lean down to give her a light kiss upon her forehead. My legs carry me to her door, shutting it behind me as silently as possible.

"What happened? You look like hell."

I turn to look at Caitlin and choose not to respond to her. I make my way toward the kitchen grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge, drinking it down before answering her.

"Aiden is a drug dealer."

Caitlin brows furrow. "Lydia's boyfriend?"

"Yes, Lydia's boyfriend. He is a drug dealer and she was letting him around my daughter."

"Why does this concern you?"

My eyes narrow at her. "What the hell do you mean?"

"It's none of your business what she does inside of her bed. If she wants to be with him, I don't see where that concerns you."

"That's my daughter. Anything involving her concerns me."

"Lydia is her mother. She should be free to do whatever she wants."

"What the hell are you talking about? Do you even hear yourself? You must be crazy if you think I'm gonna let a drug dealer anywhere near my kid."

"I think this has nothing to do with him being a drug dealer. I think this has something to do with you being in love with her." Caitlin crosses her arms across her chest as she stares at me.

I slowly walk towards her stopping when I am directly in front of her, looking into her eyes. "Get out."

I walk past her towards the living room to get to the front door. I hear Caitlin walking behind me, but I don't turn back to look at her.

"You can't be serious," she says a little too loudly.

"Don't be so loud. My daughter is sleeping, she's been through a lot tonight. So have I. I don't want to put up with anymore bullshit tonight. I've had enough. I also don't know who gave you the authority to tell me what I can and can't do as a parent to my child." I open the front door so she can be let out.

She scoffs at me before rolling her eyes and walking out. I close the door behind her. I run my hand over my hair in frustration, letting out a few deep breaths.

I make my way to Allison's bedroom looking at her sleeping peacefully. She looks so small and innocent. It almost makes me forget that anything even happened tonight. She is sleeping as if nothing has happened. She is so young that it breaks my heart that she has to witness any of this. She deserves better.

I walk to her bed scooping her into my arms and carrying her out of her room. She shifts a little in my arms as I carry her into my bedroom. I dread the thought of having to sleep by myself tonight. I dread the thought of leaving her for even a second.

"Dad?," she mumbles groggily.

"It's okay. I'm here," I say to her quietly. I shush her trying to lull her back to sleep. I lay her down in my bed and lay down next to her. "Go to sleep, baby. I'm right here. I'll always be here."

Allison snuggles into my side. I put my arm protectively over her. Slowly, I'm finally able to fall asleep because of complete exhaustion not because I could turn my mind off.