Now In Days.....

*Stiles's POV

*7 years later*

How has time been? Well, it has been hell. Ever since that day Lydia and I vowed to become friends, I have regretted it. But I couldn't go back and change what I did. I will always Lydia. But it was time to move on. So, I went to college. I was still able to help out with Allison. But I needed to provide for myself and my daughter. I live in my own apartment now and am a deputy at the sheriff's station. Working my way up.

Scott and I? We may never be how we use to be. Those wounds still aren't properly closed. He slept with two of my girlfriends. I did forgive him though. That is one step towards the direction we are going.

Allison will be turning 8 soon. She is on her way to 3rd grade. It couldn't be more proud. I gave her a bedroom at my apartment. Lydia also gave her a bedroom.

Now, it's the part you have been waiting for. Lydia and I. Me and Lydia. Lydia and I are friends. The most we speak is when we trade off Allison for the week. I miss her. But I have been waiting for 7 years. I love her. But I have to let her go. We have had our moments when the love for each other almost take over. But Lydia always pulls away. And I tell myself that it is okay.

I have a girlfriend now. For what I know, Lydia has a boyfriend. Caitlin is wonderful. She loves Allison. We've been dating for 6 months now, so Allison has warmed up to her. Lydia's boyfriend Aiden looks like a douche. I can't stand him. Every time I spot him and Lydia holding hands or with his arms around her, my blood boils. It should be me. But I'm over it. Or that's just what I tell myself.

"Dad!," I hear as the front door to the apartment opens. I look up and see Allison running towards me. I pick her up and put her on my lap. "Dad, guess what?"

"What's up, Alli?," I question her.

"So, Mommy is throwing my party on Saturday. It's going to be so fun and I invited all the people in the 3rd grade class."

"Really?," I say. My eyebrows raise for dramatic effect.

"Are you going to go? For me?," Allison begs. She gives me her puppy dog eyes and I sigh. She knows I can never say no to her when she does that. Even though I would never say no to her birthday.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. And afterwards we are going to go eat at your favorite restaurant."

"Leonardo's?"

"You already know."

I look back at the door and see Caitlin smiling at us. "Hey babe," I greet her. "Why don't you go take a shower?," I say to Allison.

"Okay, I will."

Allison leaves to go to her room and I stand up out of my dining room chair. "Thanks for picking her up from practice for me," I say to Caitlin.

"No problem, I gotta go to my house because I have work in the morning, but I'll see you later," Caitlin kisses my cheek softly and then disperses out the front door. I smile to myself before going to the fridge to find some food for Allison and I to eat tonight.

And I see that I really need to go grocery shopping.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

I lay on Allison's bed to see if she is going to sleep. Allison turns towards me for a second and smiles.

I smile in return. "Go to bed," I say.

"I'm not tired," Allison responds.

"You have school. It's time for bed. Or else Mommy will yell at me for letting you stay up. We don't that to happen. Again."

"Dad, I have a question."

"What is it?," I question her.

"Why are you and Mommy not together?"

This question strikes me by surprise. My eyes widen and I sit up in the bed to make me actually think of a explanation I could tell a 7 year old. I scratch my forehead.

"Well, Alli, sometimes things don't work out the way we want it to," I say. That's a good enough explanation. Short. Simple.

"Do you want to be with Mommy?," she asks.

Another question that I have no idea how to answer.

"Uhhhh. Well, I would love to be with Mommy. But things happened and it's none of our faults. Now, I have Caitlin," I say trying to get her to understand.

"Yeah," Allison says sadly. "Can I go to bed by myself today? I need to get some rest, like you said," she says.

"Sure, okay. I'll see you in the morning."

Allison simply nods her head and then turns her back to me. I exit her room and close her door.

Where did these questions come from?