Don't Do This To Me

*Stiles' POV

"Wait, what do you think you're doing?," Lydia stutters.

I ignore her start to make my way towards Alison's room with Alison's hand in mine. I sit her on her bed and grab a bag that I know Lydia always keeps underneath Alison's bed in cae of emergencies.

"Go grab your tablet and I'll pack up some clothes," I tell Alison.

"Daddy, where are we going?," she asks, her voice slightly shakey.

"You're gonna spend some time with Daddy. Now, go get your tablet and any toys you wanna bring."

"Stiles, what the hell do you think you're doing?," Lydia says to me sternly when she sees me stuffing clothes into Alison's bag.

I ignore her still upset that Lydia would put my child in harm's way. That was irresponsible on her part. Then, she decided to keep this important piece of information away from me, like it wouldn't be beneficial for me to know that my daughter was hanging around and living with a drug dealer. No excuse she makes could pardon this. That wasn't her decision to make. I had the right to know.

"Answer me, goddamit. Tell me what you're doing. That's my daughter!," she yells.

"She's my daughter too!," I turn and yell back at her. I can feel the fury coursing through my veins. "She is my daughter too. She could've been hurt. You put her in harm's way. You lied to me. What is some addict came to the door with a gun, huh? She could've been killed. I don't care what excuse you make. Nothing excuses this."

Lydia stares at me before shaking her head at me. "You can't take her. That's basically kidnapping. I could call the c-"

"I am the cops. By the way, how are you gonna call the cops when you are letting a drug dealer live with you? I can take her if I want, its my legal right. I am her father and that gives me the right to do whatever the hell I want."

Lydia looks back at me starstruck. She blinks at me a couple of times, opening and closing her mouth. I don't think I've ever seen her at a loss for words. She always has something to say.

I see Alison enter the room again with her tablet and toys. I hold out the bag for her to put her stuff in it. I zip her bag up and throw it over my shoulder before turning to walk out.

Lydia grabs my arm as I led Alison to the front door.

"Please, don't do this, Stiles. I'm sorry. I'll do whatever you want. Just don't take my daughter from me," Lydia pleads with me her lip quivering and unshed ears pulling up in her eyes.

"You should've thought about that beforehand," I say before turning and walking down the stairs with Alison. I pick her up and place her in arms as we approached the door. I hear Lydia yelling behind me. But I can't look back our I'll cave in to the girl that I once loved. That can't happen. Not with my daughter on the line. Alison comes first. She always comes first.

"Don't do this to me, Stiles! Don't take her from me! Please!," she yells from upstairs. I can picture her face. Tears streaking down her face and her pink lips turning red from biting into them. Her eyes are severely red and hair tousled. Her face drained of color. Her rosy cheeks no longer rosy.

Don't turn back Stiles.

I force myself to drown her out. I force myself to get the mental picture I have of her out of my head. I cant drag myself that hole. I can't feel bad for doing the right thing. The right thing for my daughter because she doesn't deserve this. Alison deserves anything but this. She deserves the best, but she got stuck with this dysfunctional family.

I buckle Alison into the car and dash to the drivers' side before pulling away from the house.

"Daddy, what's going on?"

"Nothing," I lie. "Everything is fine. You just have to spend more time with your dad. Is that a bad thing?," I question trying to release the tension in the air.

"No."