Get Out

*Lydia's POV

I jog down the stairs in my sweatpants and crop top. My hair is in a messy bun. For people that are unaware, this is my depressed look. I've been doing nothing but crying and laying in bed all day. Just thinking. Well, that was until now. Because someone was ringing the doorbell.

I open up the door, noticing the disheveled hair from the tall boy I love so much. I quickly attempt to close the door, but Stiles puts his foot in front of the door, preventing me from closing the door.

"Lydia,-," Stiles tries. He presses his hand to the door trying to open it. Damn me for being so petite.

"No," I say. But Stiles strength got the better. He managed to open the door enough for me to see his face.

"Lydia, let me explain. Let me talk to you. Please," Stiles says. His voice cracks. He's broken. Good, that's how he left me.

"Why, Stiles?," I say, tired from struggling to keep the front door closed. "There's nothing left for you to do. You already hurt me. There's no more pain to satisfy your ego."

Stiles pushed against the door, sending me back a little and allowing him to walk in the house and close door behind him. He stares at me. I notice his bloodshot eyes. It's as if he's been crying. What would he be crying about? His hair is messier than usual and face his oddly pale. Almost dangerously pale.

"Please, just talk to me. Hear me out," he says frustrated.

"No, you need to get out." It takes all my will power not to cry and break down at the sight of him. But I stand my ground.

"I'm not leaving."

"Get out!," I yell. I point to the door in hopes that he will listen. Yet, he's too damn stubborn.

"It was a mistake. I had no choice. I didn't want to hurt you."

"So, fooling around around with another girl would make it hurt less?," I ask in confusion.

"No, that's not what I'm saying. Malia had something on me that I did. But I did it before we started dating. I need you to understand."

"Understand what? I was your fiancé. We have a child together!," I say.

"You kinda still are my fiancé because we didn't cut off the engagement and your still wearing the ring."

I look down at my ring finger in realization. We still are together. I'm still engaged to be Stiles's wife. We are still tied together with this ring.

I blink back tears as I look at the ceiling. My breathing stutters as I put my other hand on the ring pulling it from my finger. The pain hurts even worse when I finally removed it. But it has to be done.

I hold out my hand towards Stiles, handing him the ring back.

"No, Lydia. Please don't do this," Stiles cries. His eyes water, becoming redder. His eyebrows knit together as he tries to pull himself together.

I can feel new tears streak my face. My lip quivers as I push my hand towards him. "Take it, Stiles. We're over. I can't do this anymore."

"Lydia, yes you can. We are going to fix this. Right after I tell you the truth."

"The truth isn't going to six anything! Nothing can fix us. We are too broken to be fix. Stiles, we can't."

"No, we can. It will fix everything. We will be a family again."

"No! We are over!," I yell out. "We can't be together. There is nothing to fix. We are not meant to be together if you are just going to hurt me. I can't love you. I don't. Not after what you did."

"You don't mean that." I don't mean that.

"Yes, I do. I mean every little thing about it. Because everything we had is gone." Tears fall from Stiles's eyes as he moves his lips, but no words form. I pull Stiles's hands and slam the ring on his palm. "Now, take your damn ring back and get out of my house."

Stiles whimpers and you can hear his sobs as his hand closes around the ring. " I don't believe that. And I know that we will fix this."

"You can't fix me. You can't fix this broken heart."