We Will Figure It Out

*Stiles's POV

I pace back and forth in my room while I try and contemplate what Lydia just told me. Lydia sits on my bed watching me critically. I run my hands through my hair and tug at the ends of it.

No wonder Scott has been distant with me. No wonder Lydia was so willing to forgive me. Lydia was making me the bad guy when she did something worst. She did exactly what Malia did to me. I never had sex with Malia and we weren't even going out when I made out with her. Scott is my brother, well he was my brother. And he had sex with two people I cared about, one them was the mother of my baby. He knew exactly how I felt about her and he knew how sensitive I would be about this because of Malia.

"Can you please say something? You've been doing the same thing for like 30 mins," Lydia finally says something.

"You want me to say something? Okay, I will. Why?," I say as I stop pacing.

"I was drunk and I was hurt. I wanted to hurt you as much as you had hurt me. I wanted you to feel the exact same pain I felt," I explain.

"But I never went as far as to have sex with her! You took what you thought you knew and you ran with it. And you've been being such a hypocrite. I can't believe you've been being such a bitch to me and making me feel like an asshole when you did something even worse than what I did," I lecture her.

"How did I do something worse?," she exclaims.

"You had sex with my brother!"

Lydia and I stare deep into each other's eyes. Fury coursing through my blood and guilt flashing through her eyes.

"You knew how I would feel about this. Especially after Malia did the same exact thing. Nice to know that you succeeded, but instead you made me feel worse. You are exactly like Malia."

"Don't you ever compare me to that bitch!," Lydia yells at me. "I made a mistake. I forgave you for yours."

"I was blackmailed! I pushed her away because I didn't want to lose you. I made out with her before we started dating. Don't compare our two very different situations. You had a choice, I barely got one," my voice cracks.

I sigh deeply before continuing,"Lydia, I love you. And I still want to be with you. Cause I believe that we will figure this out. We just need to take it one step at a time."

"What does that mean?," Lydia questions.

"That means we can't rush into anything. We have to start over. Not as a couple but at least as friends," I explain.

"Okay, let's take it slow." Lydia stands from her seat on my bed. I slowly walk towards her.

"And if sometime in the future.....," I trial off slightly. "We somehow find our way back to each other," I continue. "We will know then what our hearts are telling us. Even how cliche that sounds. Maybe this is what we need because obviously the universe doesn't want us together right now."

She chuckles lightly before looking up to meet my gaze. Those same green eyes that I am so in love with is looking at me. I know that as soon as she walks through that door I will regret making this choice but I know this is the right one. And I know that we will find our way back to each other, even if it is 1 year or 10 years from now. She is my drug.

"I think I should get going. I need to sort some stuff out with Kira. I have been being a bitch to her as well," she speaks up after about 5 minutes of intense yet lovingly gazing.

"Yeah, of course. I'll walk you to the door."

I trail behind her out of my room and down the stairs.

"Stiles?,"she asks me softly.

I move my gaze from the ground to her soft eyes. I hum in response with my eyebrows raised.

"I was wondering if I could get a kiss. Just one last time or until next time if there is a next-" Lydia stops rambling the second I pull her into a deep and passionate kiss. My mind explodes with multiple different sensations. Her soft lips pressed against mine. My eyes flutter shut as I put one of my hands on her hip and the other on her cheek.

But I know this kiss is only for limited time. And my time is up. Because if I don't stop I don't think I will. I would go back on my decision. So, unwillingly, I pull part from her lips. My eyes peel apart and stares at her beautiful face. Her eyes start to open as well as I put more distance between me and her by taking a couple of steps back.

Lydia opens the door and starts to walk out. But I stop her this time.

"I love you," I say.

"I love you too," she smiles at me.

I smile back at her and watch as she walks towards her car. I continue to watch until her car is long gone and that she isn't going to turn back.

"Goodbye, Lydia," I whisper.

I close the front door finally and lean my head against it. "What did I do?,"I groan.