I'll Be Back When You Screw Up

*Stiles's POV Finally

I walk inside my room throwing myself on my bed. I run my hands over my face in frustration. "Shit!," I hear Melissa say from downstairs. She's attempting to cook something for dinner. Obviously, it's not going well.

Lydia is going to forgive me and take me back. We'll live happily ever after. It's just our happy ending isn't right now.

I don't even know why Malia was at the party. But when she saw me she grabbed me by the collar and basically pinned me against the wall. She ruined my relationship. She threatened it and I couldn't do anything unless I wanted her to expose myself to Lydia. Now, I have nothing left to lose.

And now I'm back home with Scott, who has been avoiding me since the party for some reason, Melissa, and my dad. The doorbell rings and I hear a couple of shuffling coming from downstairs. "Stiles, get the door, please!," Melissa voices echoes throughout the house.

I loudly groan and force myself off of my bed. The gears in my mind running in all different directions. My feet guide me to the door.

"I'm coming," I say as I travel down the stairs and to the front door. My hand swings the door back, but I absolutely regret doing that.

"What the hell are you doing here?," I hiss at Malia. Malia smiles at me and playfully rolls her eyes.

"I came to see you, silly," she responds.

I step outside my house and close the door so we can talk without anyone overhearing. "You need to get the hell off of my property," I say. Anger is laced through my words. I narrow my eyes at her and huff out through my nose.

"Calm down. I wanted to talk to you."

"You've done enough. Why would you think that I want to talk to you?"

"How is Lydia and your's relationship? You guys still going strong or did you finally call it quits? It was about time if you asked me. Why would you even attempt a relationship you knew that wasn't ever gonna work out."

"Shut up," I say through clenched teeth. " You could go ruin anyone's relationship, why mine? We broke up because of you. Every lie I ever told Lydia was because of you. Why don't you get a life and stop trying to ruin mine with the girl I love? I have done everything you asked. And I know I screwed up but stop pushing me deeper into this hole."

"You created the damn hole, Stiles. You did this to yourself. Lydia may be the girl you love but that used to be me. You did this. You did this to me," Malia says. Her voice cracks in certain places.

"News flash, Malia. You were never the girl I loved. It has always been Lydia. Always. And that is not gonna change. So get the shit out of your ears and listen to me when I say that you will never be her. You're not her," I say. Malia looks at me wide eyed.

"Stiles, just know that I will be back. I always come back. There's no way you can get rid of me. I'm that voice in the back of your head, the person you think about whenever you need a reminder that you will always screw up. And if you haven't notice that's when I come back. I'll be back when you screw up. And that happens a lot more often than you think," Malia says. She walks off the front porch and towards the car.

I walk back inside my house and lean my head against the front door. I just lay there contemplating my choices in life. And everything I've done wrong in it. My heart beats through my ears almost painfully. My clench my eyes shut.

"Stiles, honey, who was at the door?," Melissa asks.

I don't answer. I just let my sobs erupt through my body. I slide down the door as I feel Melissa's cold arms wrap themselves around me. I lay my head on her chest as she consoled me.

"Mom, I messed up. I screwed up. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. It hurts so bad, and I don't know what to do," I cry and confess in Melissa's arms. She just shushes me and rubs my back in a comforting way.

"It's okay. Everything is gonna be okay, sweetheart," she says to me. But that's bullshit, because I now that it's not.