Just Answer The Question

*Lydia's POV

"Was I just a bet?"

My question rings through the air. Stiles just stares at me as if he had seen a ghost. His mouth gapes open trying to form a sort of words. I stare at him with my eyes wide impatient for an answer.

"Answer the fucking question, Stiles!," I spat oblivious to my words in front of my young child.

"Stiles! Who's at the door?" someone shouts throughout the house. Melissa joins us at the door. She looks shocked upon my appearance, taking in my appearance. My bloodshot eyes, lounging clothes, and dried blood on that ran down my forearm.

"Can you take Allison please?" Stiles asks Melissa.

She simply nods and holds out her hands for Allison. She walks away with my baby now in her arms, disappearing somewhere within the house.

"Lydia, let's go inside, please," Stiles says reaching out to grasp onto me. I jump back away from his grasp.

"Get you damn hands away from me. Tell me the truth. Right here, because I'm not going anywhere."

"Lydia, you're not yourself. You need to come inside with me. We can talk when you've calmed down," Stiles pleads. "Please, Lyds."

"Don't call me that! Just answer the fucking question"

"No, you weren't a bet! I've been in love with you since the third damn grade. Since I've first laid eyes on you. You think that a stupid bet was gonna make me want to jump at an opportunity to get in your pants. You meant more to me than that. And you still do. Who even told you this? Was it Scott?"

"I can't tell you who told me. You wouldn't believe me even if I did. "

"Lydia, you need to come inside now. We need to talk. I need to explain everything."

"I'm not going anywhere with you," I protest. Stiles stares straight into my eyes. I can see a sincere layer of hurt and worry in his eyes. His eyes are glossed over like a thin layer of tears are over them. His eyes break our gaze on each other, and they travel downwards.

"Lydia, what the hell happened?," he asks while picking up my arm carefully seeing the streaks of blood. "You're coming inside. We have to clean this up."

"No, I'm fine," I say.

"Lydia, please shut up and come in my damn house,l Stiles says as calmly as those set of words can manage.

I nod my head in defeat. I follow him inside the familiar house. I trail behind him up the stairs and towards his room.

"Last time I was here I think was when we had dinner here. And then we came upstairs and got caught making out by Scott," I speak up. I chuckle at the good memories.

"Yea, I think so," he chuckles as well. He ushers me in to his bathroom. Stiles goes into his cabinet to get bandage, rubbing alcohol, ointment, and gauze.

Stiles attempt to help me on his bathroom counter but I seat his hands away, glaring at him in the process. "I got it," I tell him.

I push myself up on the counter and put my hand towards Stiles for him to clean the cut. Stiles gladly takes my hand and begins.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

I stare at Stiles as he places the bandage around my arm with determination. My mind is trying to sort all the words I want to say inside my head.

"I throw a picture of us against the wall. Then I tried to pick up the glass and I cut myself. I was just so angry and hurt. I wasn't thinking," I manage to say.

Stiles's gaze flickers to me for half a second. He clears his throat before responding. "It's okay. You don't have to explain anything. I get it, I hurt you."

Then my brain realizes something. He said I didn't have to explain, but he does.

"Tell me," I shock Stiles by saying. He knows exactly what I mean by that.

"Malia was blackmailing me. She said that if I didn't do whatever she wanted she would tell you that while you were in labor me and her made out. Nothing further than that. And this was before me and you were even going out and I knew you would be angry. I couldn't lose you before I even had you," he says.

"You made out with her?," I ask.

"Yes. And I stopped before it got serious. I regretted it so much, and I knew it was wrong. It was a heat of the moment kind of thing. But thing that stopped me was thought of you. How much I loved you. I still do. But Malia blackmailed me I tried everything to have her stop. Then, at your party I just finished getting out of the bathroom when she found me. She pushed me against the wall and started kissing me and I pushed her away. And then you walked in. I never wanted to hurt you, I was just scared that if I told you I would lose you."

"I'm Not and that you made out with her. And I'm sorry for being a bitch and not hearing you out. Now, I know that you didn't do anything wrong. But why didn't you just tell me?"

"I don't know. But does this mean you forgive me?," he questions. I ponder for a second on that question.

"I forgive you. But you're not going to forgive me when I tell you this."