The Question That Burns

*Lydia's POV

"Allison, you have to be totally honest with me. Why did you sabotage Stiles and I's relationship when we were juniors?," I question her while we sit on the couch in my living room.

I wipe my tears as I start to choke on my sobs and they become even more louder. My breathing patterns are labored. My eyes burn. My esophagus feels dangerously tightened. Another tear seems to roll down my cheek, on to the picture I hold in my clenched hands. The picture that I framed and have never moved from my bedside table. The picture that used to always make me smile.

Allison's smile diminishes slightly. My heart beat sped slightly. Allison clears her throat a little and sits up. She places her hands on her knees opening her mouth to speak finally. "Uh, okay. I don't know how to say this really. You know how some guys are. They see us as toys. And they saw you as a bet. The lacrosse team had made a bet over you. They wanted to see who could make you put out first. It was all just a game."

Stiles smiles back at me. He is holding Allison in his hands at the hospital. The way he smiles at me used to lift my soul up. His beautiful hazel brown eyes stares at me with innocence covering them. But it was all a lie. He was not innocent at all. Rage bubbles up in my throat. I clench my teeth and raise my hand. My hand shoots forward sending the picture frame in pieces on the floor. There's a dent in the wall now.

"Stiles all of a sudden became interested in you was beyond weird. And I was just trying to be a good sister when I threatened with that picture. But you are not a toy. At Matt Didens party a few days after the game started, Scott had bet Stiles that he would never lose his virginity to you at that party. If Scott won, Stiles would have to admit to every one at the school that he was a virgin. That's mostly the reason why Stiles took on the reputation as a total fuckboy. If Stiles won, Scott would have to get so drunk that he admits everything to Stiles. And Scott has a lot to admit."

I bend on the ground to attempt to pick up some glass pieces. And it was a failed attempt. "Fuck," I gasp out loudly when I feel a glass shard puncture me in my hand. Blood drips out of my cut. I wince at the pain, before just drifting off to space. The blood runs down my arm. It's more relieving than painful.

"I was a bet?," I question her in disbelief.

" I throw all of his flannel shirts that I keep in my closet on to the floor. Everything that has to do with him is thrown on the floor. And then eventually, out of my bedroom window.

"I believe so. As much as I tried to believe that it wasn't true, everything just didn't line up. Stiles just wasn't a good guy. Well, not like you thought he was. I'm sorry."

I watch as the flames grow bigger and louder. The sight of burning flannels, pictures, trousers. A picture of Stiles with his big stupid grin sticks out from the flame.

"What the hell, Lydia," a girl yells out. She pulls me by my shoulder back from the flame that has me hypnotized. Her presence leaves my side and for a second I guessed that she left until I see the flame being put out by some water.

I gasp out and look over at her in shock. Kira's eyes are wide as she stares at me with the same expression. "What the hell did you do?," I choke out. My eyes blurs in tears as my throat closes in on itself.

"I'm trying to stop you from burning down your whole entire fucking house," she spats at me.

"I didn't ask you to do that. You had no right to do that."

"What the hell is wrong with you, Lydia? You need to calm yourself down before you do something your gonna regret."

I back away from her slowly. "Trust me, I'm not doing anything I will regret." I turn around to run away. I grab the keys out of my pocket and unlock my car. Hopping in the driver's seat and locking my door, I crank my car and start pulling out of my driveway.

I didn't know where I was going for a second before I got there. My fists banging against his door. Tears that I can't seem to get rid of start to streak my cheeks. I continue banging on his door until I get an answer finally.

His hazel eyes never seem to amaze me. The matching hazel eyes are staring at me as well. Allison leans against his chest staring at me. He tries to open his mouth to say something, but before he can say anything my words that are laced with venom speak first.

"Was I just a bet?"