Did You Know

*Stiles's POV

I drive down the streets. Fiery is coursing through my veins. One question is popping through my head.

Aiden just got in his car and let to God knows where. The guy was about to leave. My fists were tightly clenched and I could hear my blood pumping. Lydia isn't safe. Alison isn't safe. He put my family in danger.

The other guy starts to walk off in my direction. I don't know what came over me. All I know is that I was pissed.

As the guy approaches me, I turn from around the wall I was hiding behind and grab the man by his collar. I push him against the wall with my hand wrapped around his collar, refusing to let him go anywhere. The guy struggles against my tight grip. The adrenaline pumping through my veins is not enough to make my grip even tighter.

"How long have you been buying? Huh? How long have you been buying from Aiden?," I say, anger laced through my voice.

"What the fuck are you talking about?," he says still trying to get out of my grip.

"You know what the fuck I mean. The drugs!"

I go in his pocket and grab the bag I saw Aiden hand him. I was right. It's filled with cocaine.

"How long?,"I ask again.

"A year," he answers.

"He's been selling you drugs for an entire year. Should I take you to jail for the purchase of drugs. You know it's a felony. I should lock you up."

"You a cop,"he says. I grimace slightly at his choice of words.

"Yes, I'm a cop."

"Are you going to lock me up?," he asks. I can sense the fear in his voice.

"Give me one good reason not to."

"Please, don't take me to jail. I'll get better. I'll get clean. I promise. I'm trying to stop. Please, I have a daughter." That catches me off guard."I'm all she has left. I won't buy no more. Just don't lock me up. She means the world to me. If you don't take me to jail I will get better and look after my baby. She can't lose her father too."

I think for a good second. Do I want to take him to jail? I wanted to catch Aiden. I'm also a cop. I have an honors code. This man is breaking the law. I should put him in jail. But I don't want to. I can't imagine losing Alison and having to be ripped away from her. I can't imagine leaving her with nothing. She's my world. I know what this guy is feeling. He is in fear of losing his world. I can't do that to him. That would break me. I can't take him to jail.

"You have to promise me to get clean. And look after your daughter. If I find you buying anything again or even remotely close to any drugs, I will lock you up with no remorse."

"Thank you so much."

I pulled up at Lydia's house and stormed to the door, banging my fist upon it when I arrive there. Lydia answers. Her face is clean of any make up. She wears a long shirt and a pair of shirts. her hair is in a high messy ponytail. She really is beautiful. That's not why I'm here.

"Did you know?"

"Know what?," she asks, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Aiden sells drugs!," I exclaim stepping into her house.

"What?,"she says.

"Did you know that your boyfriend has been selling drugs?"

"How would you even know that?"

"Because I followed him."

"You've been stalking my boyfriend?," she changes her subject.

"That's not what is important. He has been putting you and my daughter in danger and that is unacceptable. Did you about this?"

"I..I mean-I knew he did a while back. I didn't know that he was still doing it. He told me he stopped when he was a teenager."

"You still thought it was a good idea for him to be in this house still with my daughter?," I exclaim, throwing my hands into the air.

"I didn't know. He said he did it once and got in trouble, so he stopped."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?," I yell loudly. "You let him in your house and put everyone in danger. What if one of his clients came to the door. Alison could have died! You could have died!"

"Mommy? Daddy, what are you doing here? Why is everyone yelling? What's going on?," we both hear a small voice. We whip our heads towards the hallway to see Alison standing there, clutching her blanket in her hand and is in her pyjamas. I think we woke her up with all of our yelling by the way she rubs her eyes, and how her eyes are red.

I look at Lydia one last time in anger.

"Pack up some clothes. We're leaving, Alison. Let's go home."