Time To Party

*Stiles' POV

My child is officially old. Well, not really. She is eight years old. Moving up in the world. Lydia decided to have a birthday party at her house. So, she took care of everything. I just had to show up basically. Easy for me.

For the past two months I have hid Allison's birthday present at the top of my closet. I'm glad she got her mother's genes and ended up short. It was easier for me to hide it somewhere she can't reach. I think that she will love it.

I park my car in front of Lydia's house. There are cars piled in the driveway. So, I had to park in the street. Just great.

I knock on Lydia's door.

"Coming!," I hear her voice echo through the house. She opens the door to unleash the beautiful sight of herself. She gently smiles at me. I return her smile.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey," she says.

Well, this isn't awkward.

"Come in," she urges. I politely walk into the house, feeling like an intruder in the house I used to live in. Scary how time changes.

"Where's Allison?," I question.

"She's in her room. She wanted to change out of her dress."

"Still can't convince her to wear one?"

"Not for longer than 30 minutes. But it's fine. Whatever she chooses is fine with me. She is her own person."

Lydia and I sit in an uncomfortable silence for a good minute. I sit looking at her and she looks at the ground.

"You look beautiful," I compliment her. She looks up and meets my eyes. She smiles at me. Not just a smile to thank someone. It's a genuine smile. And it's gorgeous.

Lydia opens her mouth to respond, but before she can Aiden pops out from around the corner. "She does look beautiful, like always," he says.

I mentally roll my eyes at him. He kisses Lydia on the cheek and stares at her longingly. It's disgusting.

"How's it going, Stiles?," Aiden says trying to make small talk.

"It's going well. How about you?," I say with a fake smile.

"Good."

"It's 'well' not 'good'," I correct. I stand out of my seat. "I gotta go converse. It was nice seeing you again."

"Same to you, buddy," Aiden calls after me while I'm already in the backyard.

"You look like you want to be hit by a truck," Isaac says as he approaches me.

"Would it be bad to say I do?," I say only half kidding. Being hit by a truck doesn't sound all that bad.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing, I'm just trying to make it through Allison's Birthday. She deserves that," I say.

"Allison is fine. Sometimes you have to focus on yourself," Isaac says.

"Becoming a parent means that your second. Kid is always first. So, if that means putting myself through a little torture than that's what I have to do.

"It's just hard seeing Lydia with that douchebag," I continue.

"What makes him a 'douchebag'?"

"There's just something fishy with him. He doesn't deserve Lydia. She's too good for him."

"I understand that you love her. And in your eyes she is too good to be with everyone except for you. But you gotta let her go."

"Not until I know she's safe. And happy."

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

I watch as Allison eats her cake and ice cream happily. I smile at her goofy ness. I wonder who she got that from. I look over to the side as see Aiden with his arms wrapped around Lydia. He's whispering something in her ear. She grimaces slightly from his words, but quickly replaces it with a smile. Fake smile.

I roll my eyes, but quickly divert my attention back towards my daughter. I smile at the sight of her. Her mouth is surrounded by cake and ice cream. A huge smile rests on her face. It's a beautiful sight. If there's one thing I did right in my life, it was her.

A buzz sounds from beside me. My eyebrows furrow as I look at the phone hooked up to the charger. I flip the phone to check the screen to see who's phone it is. A text message is on the screen. It reads "corner of Abercorn Rd. By the old bar. Be there 9 PM tomorrow."

Who's phone is this?

I put the phone back where it was as I see Aiden start heading over to me.

"Hey, man," Aiden says.

"Hey," I say hesitantly.

"Do you mind passing me my phone?"

So, it's Aiden's phone

"No problem," I hand him his phone inconspicuously. I clear my throat and look at him as he checks the message. His fingers tap on his screen, not wanting to seem suspicious. He smiles at me politely before going back to stand by Lydia.

Well, I know where I'm going to be tomorrow at 9 PM.