Chapter Sixty-Five

It was like a dark thunder cloud was storming his head as he sat in the chair they had placed in Aespa's bedroom. His mind compared nicely to the storm that was happening just right outside the window.

It only added on to the storm of emotions he was feeling as he held his newborn daughter in his arms, feeding her as he rocked in the chair. He thought holding his daughter would help calm the storm in his head, but it gave him time to be stuck in the middle of it.

Cute snorts and huffed breaths came from the small baby as she nursed from her bottle, eyes closed and fingers wrapped snuggling around Jungkook's pinky finger as she ate. A content grin made its way onto his lips, unable to look away from the small girl he was proud to call his daughter.

Though, his smile soon faded as he kept examining her, mind wandering to how she was going to look at him years from now. He was supposed to show her just how strong he really was, but he didn't think he could hold it all together anymore.

Putting on a brave face for himself was hard enough, now he had to do it for his daughter. He was barely holding it together as he used the back of his index finger and stroked her cheek.

He had felt lost before, but now he felt completely stranded. Like he was stuck in a maze and there was no way out. And if there was, he couldn't find it for the life of him.

With a gentle knock on the door, Jungkook didn't bother to see who it was. His eyes were glued to the small child he held snuggly against his chest, eyes tearing up a little.

"Hey." The voice belonged to Taehyung, and he should've guessed it was him. But the thoughts and storm of emotions clouded him, disabled the action of doing so. "You doing okay?"

It was a silly question, and Taehyung knew that. He cared though, he cared about how the boy was feeling, not at all talking about it or what he was feeling, though the event occurred only a week ago.

Jungkook could only muster up a small nod, his eyes still on the little girl who was slowly dozing off with the nipple still in her mouth, only to jolt awake and continue eating.

He didn't believe anything the ravenette was telling him, even if he managed to somehow muster up a smile that didn't reach his eyes. Taehyung always knew when something was wrong.

He didn't say anything at first, grabbing the small beanbag they had placed by her crib and placing it beside his boyfriend. He gazed tenderly at his daughter, kissing the top of her head before he looked up at Jungkook.

Tears were pooling in his eyes as he tried blinking them away, chin quivering a little as his jaw clenched, swallowing the lump forming in his throat. Taehyung would've held him if it weren't for Aespa in his arms.

All he did was place his hands on his knees, thumbs caressing over the thin cotton of his dark grey sweatpants. It wasn't until that moment that his tears broke through the barrier and rolled down his cheeks.

"Baby," Taehyung breathed, standing up and taking Aespa out of his arms and laying her back in his crib. Jungkook placed the bottle down on the nightstand as he was pulled up by his hands, arms soon engulfing him.

Tears poured down his face, chin quivering as he held on to Taehyung, afraid if he let go, he would lose him. His arms around the alpha tightened, face buried in his neck as tears wet his skin.

Kisses peppered the boy's neck and cheek, waiting for his shoulders and body to stop shaking as he quietly sobbed into Taehyung's shoulder. The alpha ran his hand up and down his spine, trying to soothe him.

"You know . . . ." Taehyung paused as he tried getting his words right before speaking. "Being an omega doesn't change who you are, and you shouldn't let it change who you are. Your rank doesn't defy you. You can be an alpha or even a delta, and it doesn't change what's in here."

He pulled away enough to place his hand over Jungkook's heart as the boy wiped the tears from his face, sniffling. He remained quiet, listening to the alpha speaking with such dedication and tenderness that it made him want to cry harder.

"Even though you're an omega, I still love you," He whispered so softly that it was almost inaudible, but Jungkook heard him loud and clear. "Aespa loves you, I love you, and that's all that matters."

"I love you, too," Jungkook hiccuped, wiping away some more tears with his fingers as he sniffled. Taehyung smiled at this, pulling him back into a tight embrace.

"It's better for you to know the truth instead of hiding behind a lie," Taehyung whispered into his ear, and those words rang through his mind and all he could do is agree with him.

It was true it was better to know the truth instead of hiding behind a lie, even if he didn't know it was all a lie. His whole life was a lie. He didn't know who his real parents were, his adoptive ones were dead, and the only person he really called a brother wasn't even his brother.

It was all a lie.

"I want you to stop thinking about this." Taehyung pulled away a little, using the pads of his thumbs to wipe away the stray tears on the boy's silky cheeks. "You have so much to look forward to. We both do."

Jungkook couldn't help but glance over to his now sleeping daughter, grinning a little as he nodded. He couldn't agree more as their daughter slept only a few feet away from them, knowing well enough she was their future now.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Epilogue is next ♡︎