Chapter Twenty-Five

"I give up," Jungkook huffed as he shot up from his seat and walked away from the piano, running his hands through his hair. Frustration coursed through him as Taehyung turned on the bench and looked at him with an amused smile on his lips.

"Come on," He said through a stifled laugh, trying his best to hide his smile but it was hard. Especially when Jungkook turned around and glared at the older with pinched brows. "You made one mistake. It's not the end of the world."

"One mistake? One?" Jungkook mimicked the elder, his tone a little pitched as his eyes narrowed into thin slits onto Taehyung, who cracked a smile at his tone of voice, "Tae, I've made more than one mistake. I've been making mistakes since we started."

"You really didn't think you'd be Beethoven with just three lessons in, did you?" The blond alpha asked, the question meant as a joke, but it had Jungkook crossing his arms and raising a brow at Taehyung, "Okay. Look, we've only just begun, all right? You're going to get better."

"No, I won't," Jungkook stated sternly like a child, stomping his foot like one as well and it had Taehyung snorting at this, which earned another glare from the ravenette.

"Sorry," Taehyung quickly said as he wiped his smile away quickly. "All you need is a lot more lessons and you'll be a pro. You just have to take your time. You can't rush this," He added.

Jungkook held Taehyung's stare for a little while longer before huffing and shuffling his way back to the piano bench to sit beside the older. "I wasn't expecting it to be this hard," He mumbled under his breath.

"It'll get easier as time goes on," Taehyung reassured the boy, running his hand up and down Jungkook spine before resting his hands on top of the keys, beckoning the younger to do the same. "Let's try again, shall we?"

The next hour or two went by with Jungkook making minor mistakes as Taehyung taught him the keys and which ones to press. The younger's frustration had slowly began to fade the longer he played and concentrated on his fingers moving swiftly against the black and white keys.

"You're doing good," He occasionally heard from Taehyung as he watched the boy play and mimic the elder's movements. Jungkook seemed to get the hang of it, pressing down on the keys swiftly with such elegance.

Taehyung observed, arms crossed over his stomach as he hunched on the bench, eyes watching Jungkook's hands, observing the way they moved and pressed down on the keys diligently. He felt proud of himself for being able to teach someone how to play, able to share his knowledge always made his chest swell with pride.

"Fuck. I messed up," Jungkook grumbled as he retracted his hands and massaged his fingers, his digits beginning to cramp from hours of not taking a break and working them. Taehyung noticed this and decided now was a good time to take a much-needed break.

He stood from the bench, stepping over it and holding his hand out for the younger to take. Jungkook eyed the hand held out to him before he decided to slowly take it, giving the elder a questioning glance. "Let's take a break," He told the boy as he led Jungkook to the kitchen.

They had unintentionally laced fingers as they entered the kitchen before Taehyung released the boy's hand and opened the refrigerator. Jungkook's brows were still furrowed as the palm of his hand went cold from the lack of heat that radiated from Taehyung's hand.

Even if it was for just a brief second, it made his heart flutter and feel warm inside. He couldn't help but look down at his hand and feel the heat rush to his cheeks as he nibbled on his lower lip. Taehyung rummaged through the refrigerator, hoping to find something they could snack on while they took a mini break.

While waiting, Jungkook took a seat on the countertop as he tried calming his breathing and push the intense blush on his cheeks away. There wasn't any food in the house and it had Taehyung slamming the door shut before turning around and facing the younger.

"There's no food here," He told Jungkook as he slowly walked towards him with folded arms, "Wanna go back home?"

Jungkook stared at Taehyung before he shook his head as a response. "No. I'm not even hungry anyway, and besides, it's a long walk back and I don't feel like walking right now," He replied as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Taehyung only chuckled at him as he nodded. "Then what do you want to do?" He asked him, which had Jungkook thinking for a little bit. There wasn't much they could do at the other pack house, really.

They didn't necessarily want to walk all the way back home, their minds fried and just wanting to relax and regain some energy before they headed that way. Taehyung was convinced the pack would survive a little while longer while he and Jungkook were away.

The most they could do was watch a movie or go back to the piano lessons they were originally there for, but Jungkook needed a break or else he felt like his head was going to explode from everything he had learned today.

He eventually shrugged his shoulders since there wasn't anything they could possibly do now. They were still on their mini break before they went back to their piano lessons—or Jungkook's piano lessons.

"We could watch a movie?" Jungkook suggested, which had Taehyung looking at him with wide eyes and a gleeful smile as he nodded his head enthusiastically.

Taehyung caught the boy by surprise as he grabbed his hand and practically yanked him off the counter and into Jungkook's bedroom. The ravenette was startled a little by this, but eventually smiled so wide his cheeks hurt by Taehyung's childish acts.