Chapter Thirty-Two

"They're only targeting the weak ones," Taehyung mumbled as he paced around in his office, running his fingers through his silky silver blond locks and tugging on the strands.

Jungkook was sat on the alpha's desk with his legs dangling off and his palms resting beside his thighs as he watched the man pace back and forth. He could physically feel the agitation coursing through him just by the way he was aggressively pacing and pulling at his hair.

All Jungkook could do was watch, and as much as he wanted to say something to make the alpha feel better, he couldn't. There was nothing he could say or do that would make all of his stress go away.

It all had to be over for him to feel at peace and at ease again, but that didn't seem it was going to be anytime soon. So all Jungkook could do was watch and observe the way he tried finding the missing pieces to this puzzle.

It was like trying to crack the da Vinci code; impossible even though all the clues were right there and slapping him across the face. It still felt like they were somehow missing something, but neither male could put their finger on it.

Jungkook nodded here and there every time something tumbled from Taehyung's lips, though, he was barely listening anymore. His mind began to wander in all kinds of directions, trying to look at their situation from many different possible angles.

Trying to see if there was something they were missing, but nothing seemed to scream at him. Nothing fit together, like he was finding all these puzzle pieces but all to a different puzzle; none fit and he couldn't force them to.

There had to be something they were missing, or at least something they could do to catch whoever was doing this. They needed a plan, but they couldn't tell everyone within the pack, just in case if the killers happened to be a part of it.

Jungkook's eyes flickered up, noticing Taehyung was still pacing back and forth, mumbling a string incoherent words and curses under his breath. His voice was loud but Jungkook wasn't paying much attention anymore.

He wanted to get Taehyung's mind off of this, even if it were for just a few seconds, minutes or even an hour. The more he stressed about it, the more damaging it was to his health, and Jungkook didn't want to see him hurt himself.

He jumped off the desk and made his way over to the older, standing in front of him and making him stop pacing. Taehyung looked at him for the first time since he had entered his office with Jungkook trailing behind him.

It felt nice having Taehyung looking at him without any negative emotion seeping through. The aggravation and anger and resentment was all gone as soon as their eyes met and the tension immediately melted away.

The room was now breathable, and it no longer felt like the walls were closing in on them. It was just them, and it felt nice. So nice that Jungkook couldn't seem to look away from the other, gazes hooked as his hands were resting on Taehyung's strong chest.

The blond's face was so close to his he could feel his breath on his baby pink lips, eyes boring into his own as if he was staring right into Jungkook's soul. Jungkook swallowed as he forced himself to look away, suddenly feeling warm under Taehyung's intense stare.

The ravenette looked down at his fingers that were mindlessly playing with the thin cotton of Taehyung's white t-shirt. "H-How about we go to the pack house and continue our lessons?" The suggestion was innocent, and all Jungkook wanted to do was get Taehyung mind off of everything.

However, being along with Jungkook was exactly Taehyung wanted, even if they were just playing around with the black piano that sat in a dusty corner at the old pack house. Taehyung liked being alone with him, even if it was for a short amount of time.

It wasn't a surprise when Taehyung grabbed the hands resting on his chest and tugging the raven-haired boy towards the closed office door, the pair walking down the hallways with their fingers laced and not minding the eyes that were lingering.

Being alone with no stress was something the blond needed right now, but being away from the pack wasn't the best idea at the moment. But he needed to get away and be somewhere where his thoughts weren't consuming him and the voices in his head were no longer screaming.

He wanted to believe everyone would be okay without him for a few hours, but he couldn't convince himself. He felt like leaving was leaving them defenseless, their alpha wasn't there to protect them and lead them in the right direction.

Like he was abandoning them.

Even the sweet melody that Jungkook was able to create with just months of learning wasn't enough to drown out those thoughts and feelings. They were too powerful at the moment, and it was like nothing would be able to make things better.

Jungkook seemed to have noticed how the other wasn't responding like he usually does when he plays a piece he had been learning and practicing for weeks now, and he had found his hands stopping and that beautiful tune was no longer ringing through the halls.

It didn't seem to faze Taehyung, either, by the way he kept blankly staring down at the black and white keys with his hands resting on his lap and Jungkook's eyes on him. He didn't flinch when Jungkook waved his hand in front of his face, not even noticing the action.

An exasperated sigh fled his lips, wishing more than anything that Taehyung would snap out of whatever trance he was in and would focus on something else for a change. He understood he was worried about the pack and afraid of what he could possibly walk in on, but it was a little tiring trying to get him to relax and no longer stress about it.

With his lips pressed together, Jungkook looked around the room and his eyes landed on the guitar that was in its case leaning against the wall. He glanced back at the piano and then at Taehyung, lips puckered in thought as he debated on the idea that had popped into his head.

Maybe he could learn more than one internment at once.

Standing from the bench, the boy walked over to the guitar and took it out of its case. This seemed to have drawn Taehyung's attention because he was no longer blankly staring into space and was now looking at the younger holding the guitar.

"What're you doing?" He asked the boy, only for Jungkook to ignore the question as he walked over to Taehyung, hand out and beckoning for him to grab it, to which the older did.

Their fingers laced for the third time that day as Jungkook led the other upstairs and into his old bedroom. Taehyung, still bewildered as to what the boy had up his sleeve, followed and didn't ask anymore questions as the pair climbed the stairs.