Chapter Twenty-Nine

That night came quicker than anticipated, and the next thing Jungkook knows is everyone is off to bed. But he couldn't move. Especially knowing something was out there and probably lurking in the woods and waiting for the right time to strike again.

Jungkook stayed in the living room with the tv quietly playing, watching his favorite movie in hopes it'll get his mind off things and he would be able to lull himself to sleep on the couch. A blanket was wrapped around him as he snuggled on the sofa with his eyes glued to the screen.

There wasn't much he could do, and since Taehyung had ordered everyone to obey the new curfew that was set for everyones safety, he wouldn't be able to leave the house or even dare to look out the window to check on how things were going outside.

A few warrior wolves were at their posts and keeping watch over the land, and that made Jungkook feel a little better. But only a little. It still didn't settle the piling anxiety in his chest as he continued to watch the television screen.

The house had fallen silent, the only thing heard was the faint sounds coming from the tv. Jungkook's eyes kept flickering towards the front door as his body sunk into the corner of the couch and brought up with blanket and covered his mouth.

He forced himself to look away, making himself not think about what could potentially happening outside. He tried convincing himself whoever it was wouldn't be stupid enough to strike and attack the amount of wolves that were outside right now.

But this only made Jungkook create unrealistic scenarios in his head as they played out. He shook his head, riding the thoughts and scenes that entered his mind as he refocused all of his attention on the television screen.

"What're you still doing up?" The voice that belonged to Taehyung startled the boy and made him jump and yelp as he whipped his head around and saw the older standing behind the couch with furrowed eyebrows.

With his hand resting over his hammering heart, Jungkook's eyelids fell shut as he fell back into the sofa, small pants fleeing his plush lips. "You scared the shit out of me. Don't do that again," He growled under his breath, a little annoyed now that he had been startled.

Taehyung just looked at him with pinched together eyebrows before he shook his head and leaned against the backrest of the couch. "Sorry. Didn't mean to. I thought you heard me coming," He told the younger, who only shook his head.

Jungkook relaxed until his heart rate was back to normal and was no longer thumping rapidly in his chest. He inhaled a few calming breaths to help settle his nerves before he removed his hand and grabbed the remote to pause the movie.

"What're you doing up?" He questioned the alpha, who had looked down at Jungkook with a hooded gaze. The ravenette set the remote down on the arm of the sofa as he looked over his shoulder at Taehyung, who was chewing on the inside of his lip.

"Couldn't sleep," He eventually answered with a lame shrug of his shoulders. Jungkook looked at him and actually believed what he said. He knew Taehyung was worrying about the people who were on watch outside, risking their lives in hopes to find out who was attacking their pack.

Though, there wasn't much Jungkook could do. He, himself, couldn't sleep either, knowing what could happen out there to the others who were standing in the dark in hopes to catch whoever was murdering their pack members.

"Well . . ." Jungkook began but paused, unsure of what to say or do that'll make the older feel better about their current situation, "do you wanna watch a movie with me? Maybe it'll get your mind off things for a while?"

The suggestion was innocent and Jungkook really hoped it would help Taehyung in some way so he wasn't stressing over everything. Even if it were for only a little over an hour he was stress-free, he would help as much as he could because he knows he would want that, too.

Taehyung remained quiet, lips pressed together as he thought about Jungkook's offer before he walked around the couch in his pajamas and sat down beside the younger. This had Jungkook grinning softly as he picked up the remote and handed it to the oldest, letting him pick the movie.

The older smiled gently at the boy and took the remote, flipping through channels until he found something worth watching. He set the remote on the armrest beside Jungkook before the raven-haired alpha opened the blanket and threw it over Taehyung.

The eldest smiled as the pair got comfortable under the fuzzy blanket and watched some tv. Though, Jungkook really couldn't pay much attention to what was playing on the screen. He was preoccupied with all the fears that had settled in.

As much as he wanted to voice them and be heard, he didn't want to add on to Taehyung's plate right now. He was dealing with his own baggage and Jungkook wanted to lighten it as much as he could by not piling on to it.

So, he stayed quiet and just hoped and prayed everything worked out in the end. There wasn't much anyone could do at this point, really, and all it was now was a waiting game to see what happens next.

Time had passed and the next thing Jungkook knows is his eyelids were growing heavy from sleep that suddenly hit him. He was having trouble keeping them open and he was dozing off, but would jerk awake when a loud sound from the tv startled him.

Taehyung was barely staying awake, too. He gazed at the tv with heavy-lidded eyes and a head that kept falling forward every time he closed his eyes and fell asleep. He had looked down and saw the way Jungkook had leaned his head on Taehyung's shoulder and was sleeping peacefully.

Not wanting to disturb his sleep, but not wanting him to wake up with a kink in his neck from the position he was laying in, Taehyung gently maneuvered their bodies so Jungkook's back was pressed against the backrest of the couch as they laid on their sides.

He kept Jungkook on the inside, not wanting to risk him falling off the couch and possibly hurting himself in his sleep, he grabbed the remote and turned off the tv before lying beside the younger with the cover over them and keeping them warm.