Chapter Sixteen

"I don't want anybody doing anything unless I give you the okay," Jungkook had stated as he gave each and every one of his pack members a sharp look to get his point across. Hoseok and the others nodded, obeying their alpha's orders as they stood in a small circle in the boy's bedroom late that one night.

Jungkook had called a meeting that night in his room at three in the morning after everyone in Midnight Rose had gone to bed. They were split up into four groups, just in case if someone had woken up and had grown suspicious of their behavior so late at night.

"Everyone knows what to do," Jungkook continued, looking at each and every one of his pack members. His voice was in a low whisper, just in case someone was eavesdropping just outside his bedroom door. "We're laying low for a few more days, then I'll give the single."

Yoongi was sat on Jungkook's bed, arms crossed over his chest and back pressed against the headboard, with Hoseok sitting beside him, and Namjoon standing on his other side. They listened intently, going over the plan again to make sure everyone knew what they were doing.

"If anyone messes this up, you'll be dealing with me. Am I clear?" He asked lowly, voice threatening as he gave each person a pointed look. He received nods from everyone, mumbled whispers barely reaching his ears before they exited his room and gone to their own.

Hoseok, Yoongi, and Namjoon stayed behind with the alpha, watching the door close behind the last member before Jungkook plopped down onto his bed as he reached for the remote and turned on the tv. The room was quiet, no one speaking as they sat there.

"I don't think this is a good idea," Namjoon blurted, looking over at the ravenette, who had paused what he was doing and glanced over at the omega with furrowed eyebrows.

"What? Why?" He asked the omega as he paused the screen and set the remote down on the nightstand as Namjoon answered, "I just don't think this is the smart choice. This can backfire, and why do you even need revenge? Why can't we just keep the peace? Everything's going great as it is."

Jungkook looked at the older with a look of pure disbelief as he swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood in front of him with crossed arms, "Are you serious right now?"

"Look, I'm just saying, life now isn't what we thought it would be once we merged the packs," Namjoon spoke, trying to reason with the young alpha. Jungkook went quiet, listening to Namjoon, but not quite understanding why he was suddenly against this.

"Why the sudden change of mind?" He questioned the omega, voice a little sharp as Hoseok and Yoongi sat up a little on the bed and shared a look of worry with each other.

Namjoon sighed, running a hand through his soft strands of hair. "I don't know," He said with a shrug of his shoulders, the action nonchalant as he avoided all eye contact with everyone in the room.

"Liar," Jungkook snapped, and this had Hoseok's and Yoongi's eyes widening at this. This tone was new with Jungkook, no one ever hearing this harsh side from the alpha before in their whole lives until now. "You know exactly why, so just tell me."

The omega stared into Jungkook soft brown eyes as he stayed quiet. This made Jungkook feel more and more confident Namjoon knew the exact reason as to why he was suddenly against him and this plan they've been discussing for weeks now.

He rolled his eyes, exhaling another long sigh as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "Fine. Taehyung's delta is my mate," He finally answered, speaking so fast that Jungkook almost couldn't understand what he was saying.

This made Jungkook's eyes widen as his jaw hung ajar. He stared at the white-haired omega as the room fell silent once more. The words were hanging above their heads in the air, no one able to utter a word out.

"How long have you known?" He asked the omega, after several minutes of silence before Namjoon said, "Since the day we arrived."

"We've been here for three weeks, and now you're deciding to tell me?" Jungkook snapped in a hushed whisper, whisper yelling at the elder with a pointed look plastering his sharp features.

He really couldn't get mad at the male. He's known Taehyung's his mate since the day they've met, and he hadn't told anyone about this either. He was afraid it would change things, and he wasn't entirely comfortable mentioning it to everyone.

Especially since they had a plan already inset.

He was irritated that he was now just finding this out, afraid it was going to make things more complicated. He didn't wasn't to veer from the plan, especially since they were getting closer and closer every day.

All they had to do was wait it out for a few more days, and then everything would be in motion. But with this new information, Jungkook was scared their mate bond would get in the way, and now it was going to stress him some more.

"What about the plan?" Jungkook asked the elder, stressing it. Namjoon sighed as he shrugged his shoulders again, unsure of what to say. It wasn't like he was planning on meeting his mate, and it wasn't even his fault.

"Hey, I don't make the rules!" Namjoon whispered shouted at the raven-haired alpha, "It's not like I was planning on meeting my mate. And it's sure as hell not like I knew he was a part of Taehyung's pack. This isn't my fault."

"I'm not saying it is!" Jungkook snapped again, rolling his eyes as he began pacing around in his bedroom. He could feel all eyes on him as Yoongi and Hoseok stayed quiet and just listened to both males, uncertain of what their roles were.

"Look, I know this just complicates things more now, so why don't we just call it off?" He asked, but he knew Jungkook was too stubborn to take the option or even think about it for a while with a clear head. "We've been here for three weeks, and to be honest, it's really not that bad here."

Jungkook could only roll his eyes at the omega as he continued pacing in his room, racking his brain on what he should do. "Of course you would say that because your mate lives here," He retorted.

"That doesn't even make any sense, Kook," Namjoon had told the youngest as he folded his arms loosely over his chest. "Just listen to me, okay? Taehyung isn't the type of guy we thought he was—no one here is. So, can you just think about calling this off. We can start our lives here."