Chapter Thirty

The sounds of the television emitted from Jungkook's bedroom as he laid on his bed and watched the screen, watching whatever it was that had caught his eye. He had been left alone the whole day while Taehyung did his own thing.

They hadn't spent much time together that day. More because of the fact Jungkook refused to come out of his room and would rather be alone and watch tv by himself without any distractions or interruptions.

He munched on some popcorn and sipped on his soda as a blanket covered his lower half. He wore socks and shorts with an oversized hoodie that swallowed him whole. Dark bangs were covering his eyes as he peered through them, listening to the sounds coming from the tv.

He enjoyed the alone time that was granted to him that day, but I didn't last long when a sudden knock was at his door that made him groan and pause the show. Throwing his legs over the edge of the bed and setting the bowl of popcorn down on the nightstand, he walked to the door to answer it.

Hoseok was standing at the other side of the door, arms crossed and hair a little bit of a mess as he stood in lounge-around clothes. This had Jungkook cocking a brow at the older as he invited him in and closed the door once he entered.

"What're you doing here?" The boy asked as he watched Hoseok plop down on Jungkook's bed and cover himself up with his blanket that was only made for one person to fit under.

Rolling his eyes, Jungkook took a seat beside the older and grabbed his drink and took a few tips from it before setting it back down as he turned his attention onto Hoseok. "I'm bored," He mumbled, voice muffled since he had covered his mouth with his blanket-covered hands.

"Why not hang out with your boyfriend then?" He suggested as he reached over and grabbed the remote. It was weird to see Hoseok would rather spend time with Jungkook than with Yoongi. They were always together and doing things with one another, while Jungkook would hang back with Namjoon or be by himself.

He was alone most of the time while his friends went off and dated or spent time with other friends that were in their lives for a longer period of time. So, having Hoseok come crawling in his bed and would rather be spending time with Jungkook was a little weird to the boy.

"He's sleeping," Hoseok stated as he made himself comfortable on the bed and rearranged the pillows behind his head. "You sleep with too many pillows," Hoseok commented, and it only made Jungkook smile as he rolled his eyes.

"You're not the only one who believes so," The boy retorted and this had caught Hoseok's attention and made him park up a little with raised eyebrows as he said, "Oh really?"

Jungkook nodded as he reached over and took another sip from his drink. "Taehyung says the same thing," He answered as he leaned back against the headboard of his bed and crossed his legs at his ankles.

A brow quirked on Hoseok's forehead before he gave the boy a puzzled look. "You guys have been spending an awful amount of time together," Hoseok sang, the childish banter filling his tone and it had Jungkook rolling his eyes.

"So?"

"So? What do you mean so?" Hoseok had sat up on the mattress and leaned his back against the headboard beside Jungkook, a knowing smiling fitting his lips as he nudged Jungkook with his elbow. "I think this is the start of something magical."

"What are you? Seven?" Jungkook scoffed. Hoseok only rolled his eyes at the boy as he shook his head. "We're just friends. Nothing more. Friends spend time together. It's what we do."

"No, friends spend time together where others can see them," Hoseok pointed out as he gave the boy a pointed look, "What you and Tae are doing is not what friends do. Friends don't sneak off into the woods and are gone for hours at a time."

Jungkook scoffed at the older, not believing what he was saying to him. "We're not sneaking off, Seokie," He stated gently, feeling like they were in kindergarten and was being teased for having a crush.

"Really? Because there's me and an entire pack that would disagree." This had caught Jungkook's attention, his eyes widening a little as his smile dropped from his lips as he snapped his head around and looked at Hoseok.

"What? What's that supposed to mean?"

"Come on, Kook," Hoseok began, "You can't tell me there's nothing going on between you two. Everyone can tell, I'm sure of it."

Jungkook only sat there with surprised eyes and a parted mouth, unsure of what to say. "I-I don't know what to say to that," He stuttered, tumbling over his words and it had Hoseok leaning back with a knowing look and smirk on his face.

"See? I know everything. I have eyes everywhere," Hoseok said as he reached over Jungkook and grabbed the remote and unpaused the show, wanting to watch it.

"We're not sneaking off—or at least we're not doing what you think we're doing," Jungkook said, reaching over and grabbing the remote from Hoseok and pausing the screen once more.

"Then what're you guys doing?" He asked, turning his head and looking at the alpha, who had set the remote back down on the nightstand out of Hoseok's reach before crossing his arms over his chest.

"You know how my dad was teaching me how to play piano before he died?" He asked, which had Hoseok nodding in response, "Tae knows how to play and he's been teaching me."

Hoseok just started at the boy, brows furrowed a little with parted lips. It was clear he was a little confused at first, not understanding how they could being doing that and only that. It was weird seeing the pair run off and disappear behind the thick trees of the forest and be gone for hours.

It was unlike Jungkook to do such a thing; run off with someone who was as close as a stranger and be gone for hours on end without saying a word, coming back happy and with a smile on his face.

"That's . . . That's it?" Hoseok asked, brows still pulled together as Jungkook nodded with a soft hum. "Well that's . . . Not gonna lie, that's kinda lame."

Jungkook rolled his eyes at the elder, scoffing a little at him. "Whatever. I'm having fun and I'm learning to do something my dad's been wanting to teach me for a long time now," He stated, grabbing the remote and unpausing the screen.

However, the remote was snatched out of his grasp and the screen had gone frozen again, which had Jungkook looking over at Hoseok, who had set the remote beside him on the mattress by his thigh.

"It's not only that, Kook," Hoseok began, "You guys act different around here too, whether you guys believe it or not. Everyone can see it. Like the other night, I found you two asleep on the couch, cuddling. Friends don't do that."

"Look, what happens in my personal life is my business, no one else's. Okay?" He gave the older a sharp look, wanting the subject to be dropped and the topic to be changed. "And if there was something going on between me and Tae, it's still no one's business but my own."

"Well, just be careful," Hoseok told him as he nestling back under the blanket and unpaused the show. "You never know, you could meet your mates and things can get a little messy."