Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Don't give up, Kook," Taehyung had told the boy once he realized how frustrated the younger was becoming as he continued to mess up and press down on the wrong keys, creating a tune that ruined the rest of the melody.

Jungkook scoffed as he ran his fingers through his hair, obviously irritated that he kept messing up on the same part over and over again. He had only been practicing for almost a month now, and he felt like he still couldn't get it down.

Taehyung had been teaching him nonstop, showing him what to do and walking him through it, being patient with the boy and consoling him when he began to notice the change in his attitude when he was growing impatient with himself.

It didn't seem to matter how much Taehyung encouraged him, or even tried to uplift his spirits by telling him it was okay to mess up, Jungkook didn't like it. He didn't like messing it up, and he wanted it to be perfect.

He wasn't shooting for okay or good. He wanted a reaction out of Taehyung that he himself was surprising. A reaction that showed it all and made Jungkook feel proud of himself. But he wasn't getting any of that and probably wouldn't anytime soon.

All he could do was keep practicing and learning until he was confident in himself enough to play in front of everyone who walked by. He wanted to be able to gloat about his piano skills and how good he believed himself to be.

He wasn't being cocky. He just wanted to be proud of something he had done for once in his life. He never had that before. He couldn't gloat about the pack he was running, or the fact he was an alpha and considered to be the youngest alpha to ever take over a pack.

He was failing at being a pack leader—or that's how he felt while others seemed to have disagreed, such as his friends and even Taehyung surprisingly. He often grew frustrated with himself when he was unable to pick something up without complications.

He should've known this would've been hard to do. He can't even run a pack, so what made him even begin to think he could learn how to play a piano or even a guitar. He began to sulk when those thoughts began to enter his mind, and Taehyung noticed this by the way he was slouching on the bench beside him.

Taehyung felt bad, and it had him resting his hands on top of Jungkook's and taking them into his own, pulling them away from the keys of the piano. Jungkook's eyes had widened in size a little as he looked over at the older with furrowed eyebrows and a parted mouth.

The blond-haired alpha just stayed quiet and stood from the bench, pulling Jungkook up with him before the ravenette boy was led upstairs and into his old bedroom. Jungkook, in his bewildered state, remained silent as he decided to let this play out and see what Taehyung had in mind as he was directed to sit on the bed.

Taehyung closed the door and flipped on the tv before he made his way over to the bed and sat down beside the youngest. He leaned his back against the headboard as Jungkook sat towards the foot of the bed with an expression Taehyung really couldn't make out.

The elder had the remote in his hand as he flipped through the channels, ignoring Jungkook's confused state as he tried finding something that caught his eye. When he did, he set the remote down and made himself comfortable with the mountain of pillows placed behind him.

"Why do you sleep with a lot of pillows?" He asked the youngest as he sat up and rearranged them, making himself more comfortable before leaning back with a sigh.

"You don't?" Jungkook asked, no longer paying any attention to the tv as he shuffled up the bed and laid down, grabbing on and placing it under his head before wrapping his arms around another one and cuddling with it.

"I only sleep with the right amount of pillows," Taehyung stated as he watched the boy get comfortable as he snuggled with the fluffy grey-covered pillow in his arms, "Unlike you, who sleeps with a mountain of them. Seriously, don't you ever suffocate yourself with one in your sleep?"

"A few times, yeah," The raven-haired boy mumbled as he glued his eyes to the tv, body about a foot away from Taehyung's as the older gazed down at him with a look that Jungkook couldn't see.

"And?"

"I'm still alive, aren't I?" Jungkook said, tilting his head back and looking up at Taehyung, who only chuckled at him as he shook his head in disbelief. "A few more pillows never killed anyone. I think you're just jealous," He added.

This had Taehyung quirking a brow at him, a smirk plastering on his lips as he gazed down at the boy lying beside him, his gaze locked with Taehyung's as a mischievous glint flickered in his honey-brown eyes.

"Me? Jealous?" Taehyung asked the boy, who hummed as a response with a confident nod of his head, "How am I jealous?"

Jungkook shrugged at him as he rolled his head back on the pillow resting underneath his head, "I don't know. You tell me why you're so threatened by the amount of pillows I sleep with."

"Oh, so now I'm threatened?" Taehyung asked, and it only made Jungkook nod his head again with such confidence that it almost had the elder laughing at him, but he also couldn't help but find it cute.

Taehyung's smirk only grew wider as he leaned down so close his lips were ghosting over Jungkook's ear, causing the boy to stiffen on the bed as Taehyung's warm breath fanned over his skin and caused chills to run up and down his spine as he whispered, "Believe me, Bambi, I'm not threatened,"