Chapter Ten

Midnight, cold and rainy days were Jungkook's favorite days. He remembers when he was little, his mom, dad and brother would all sit outside on the front porch with warm mugs of hot chocolate grasped firmly in their cold and trembling hands as they listened to the raindrops pattering all around them.

That's how tonight was.

Expect it was different. His family was no longer there to surround him as they sat peacefully on the front porch and listened to the rain together. He was by himself now, his chest feeling hallow and heart feeling heavy.

The winds were chilly as he sat there in an oversized hoodie, the piece of clothing swallowing his small frame as he sat there with nothing in his hands, and his phone placed by his thigh face down.

Rain fell from the black, heavy clouds above, the moon had disappeared long ago as he sat there on the ground in nothing but the peaceful sounds of the rain falling. Thunder tumbled above him, mixing with the sounds of raindrops falling.

The faint sound of crickets chirping and frogs croaking could barely be heard over the thunderous storm. Lightening flashed across the sky, striking down miles away, a loud crack echoing throughout the atmosphere.

The lights to the pack house were off, everyone peacefully sleeping inside the walls of the warm home. Jungkook enjoyed the nature, always loved being outside no matter the weather. The cold rainy weather happened to be his favorite, listening to the sounds of the rain falling and the soft rumbles of thunder above him.

He allowed himself to get lost within his own thoughts, unsure of how late it was but neither caring. He hadn't been able to sleep; tossing and turning while his brain wouldn't shut off.

Just like tonight.

He was so consumed in his own thoughts he didn't register the sound of the front door opening and Yoongi walking out with something in his hands. The older had gently nudged his thighs with his foot, able to grab the young ravenette's attention and making him glance up.

Their eyes locked within the darkness, and Jungkook made out the mug in his hand. "What're you doing up?" The raven-haired alpha questioned, raising an eyebrow at him as he shuffled over to make room for the other.

Yoongi had sat down, careful to not spill whatever liquid was in the cup, sighing as he leaned his back against the wall of the house. "I could ask you the same thing," He muttered as he handed Jungkook the mug, "Made you something."

Jungkook glanced from Yoongi and to the cup that was being given to him, unable to make out the warm liquid inside the mug as he delicately wrapped his fingers around it, "What is it?"

"Just drink it and shut up," Yoongi grumbled as he looked away, which had Jungkook only furrowing his brows at the elder as he brought the cup up to his nose and sniffed the liquid.

The smell had his heart feeling warm as a faint grin twitched upon his lips as he brought the mug down to his mouth and took a small sip of the delicious hot chocolate the delta had prepared for him. "Thank you," He softly spoke.

Yoongi looked over with heavy-lidded eyes as he nodded slowly, watching the boy take a few sips of his freshly made hot chocolate as they sat outside in the cold and watched and listened to the rain pour from the dark skies.

"Do you really think this plan is gonna work?" Yoongi suddenly asked, voice slicing through the silence and it had Jungkook stopping what he was doing as he glanced over with round, glossy eyes and a parted mouth.

"What do you mean?" The ravenette sat his mug down beside him on the floor as he stared at Yoongi and waited for the delta to answer him, but he remained silent for a little bit, and it made Jungkook wonder if he was against him and having doubts about the planned they had discussed only a few days prior.

"I just . . . I want to make sure you've thought things through," Yoongi had stated gently, meeting Jungkook's eyes as their gazes locked, "I don't want this plan to backfire on us."

"Are you trying to talk me out of it? Is that why you made me hot chocolate? To try and coax me out of it—"

"No," Yoongi cut him off as he shook his head almost frantically. Jungkook, however, didn't fully believe him but decided to keep his mouth shut as he listened to the other speak. "I'm just concerned, you know? What if something happens? What if someone has suspicions about us?"

Jungkook kept his mouth shut as he leaned back against the wall of the pack house, nodding slowly because he understood where the delta was coming from. He had his doubts and worries too, of course, but he tried not paying much attention to them.

He wanted to believe he knew what he was doing and that the plan would work, but as the days got closer and passed, he was beginning to think he wasn't cut out to be alpha. Although his friends were reassuring him, he didn't feel like he was playing the role correctly.

He didn't feel like this was his place.

"I mean, do we have another plan just in case if this one happens to backfire?" Yoongi asked, pulling Jungkook back to reality as the raven-haired boy had forgotten he was having a conversation with the older.

Jungkook looked up at him, their eyes meeting and the ravenette was at a loss for words. He hadn't made a plan B—he didn't even think about making a plan B. And now that Yoongi had brought it to his attention, he felt like he should make one just in case if something were to happen.

"I'm sure we can think of one." Jungkook forced a small smile at the elder, who was not entirely convinced but decided not to say anything more, and they sat in complete silence, which had Jungkook consumed in his own thoughts yet again.