Bobby Ryan- Ottawa Senators *Requested

I wake up late in the morning. It's Saturday, and though it feels great to sleep in, I could think of one way to make this day better- if I was waking up next to my husband, Bobby.

I sit up and push my hair out of my face. At least he's coming home tonight. Last night on the phone he promised that we would go out to dinner when he's back. So at least I have that to look forward to.

"Y/N!"

I jump out of bed. That sounds a lot like my older sister. Once I step downstairs, I see that it is. She's standing in the kitchen making coffee, for me I assume since she's got a half filled cup of Starbucks on the table.

"What are you doing here?" I question with a yawn. Brit shakes her head and hands me a mug. "Just checking in. Bobby's been gone a while and no one's heard from you."

I shrug. "He's coming back tonight," I grin.

"That's good," Brittany says.

We spend the rest of the morning conversing over family happenings- like where they're gathering for Christmas and whatnot. Bobby and I are going to Cherry Hill, New Jersey this year to visit his family.

After we finished a whole pot of coffee and a tray of cookies me and Bobby made over a week ago, Brittany was off with a cherry goodbye. I checked the time to see that it was four o'clock. I head upstairs to get ready for tonight, me and Bobby's night out.

Suddenly, I am running to the bathroom and kneeling over the toilet. Just like that, coffee and cookies are emptied from my heaving stomach and my fave is starting to sweat.

That was weird. I think as I lean back against the wall opposite the toilet. I scan the bathroom, and then crawl over to the sink in order to shut the bottom doors. A pack of tampons is spilled underneath, but I think not of picking them up before closing the doors. Wait... a pack of tampons.
When's the last time I had my period?

I stand up and fish through another drawer for a box of pregnancy tests I bought a long time ago. I read the box to make sure I follow directions and then wait patiently for three minutes, foot tapping on the tile.

My mind races in a good way. Ever since we've been married, Bobby and I have been trying to get pregnant. It hasn't happened, and we don't talk about it much anymore.

But now that the thought is back in my mind, I'm excited and I know my husband will be too. My excitement is strengthened when I peek at the test in the sink and see that it is positive! My first instinct (after I've jumped around for a few seconds) is to call Bobby, but I decide to wait until I see him in person.

My phone buzzes with a text and I see that it's Bobby, telling me the plane just landed and he'll be home in a little less than an hour. I text back saying okay, and then move into the closet to get ready. I decide on light jeans, tan heels, and a tan turtleneck under a black leather jacket. I keep my hair down and wavy, partly because I don't have enough time to straighten it and partly because Bobby always says he loves my natural hair.

At around five or so, I hear the door unlock downstairs and head down to meet Bobby just as he drops his bag by the couch. "Hey hun," I say as I walk down the steps. He turns and smiles at me, "Hey, nice to see you again."

I laugh and kiss his lips eagerly. "Missed you," I sigh, "as usual." He chuckles and holds my hands. "You look nice. Where do you wanna go?" he asks.

"Dinner. I'm starved!" No kidding. We decide on a semi fancy restaurant downtown that we like and go to a lot. The whole car ride, the test in my jacket pocket seems like it's about to burn a whole through the leather.

Finally, after we sit down and order our appetizers, I take a deep breath and tell Bobby I want to tell him something important. I can see the anticipation in his eyes across the table. "I'm pregnant! I just found out a few hours ago," I say with a smile.

"No way!" he exclaims, earning some looks from surrounding tables. I nod. "Oh my God, we're pregnant!" I laugh and he stands up, pulls me up with him, and hugs me tightly. I also get a quick peck on my lips followed by yet another hug.

"Bobby, let's sit down. People are staring at us," I say with a giggle. He sends a dashing smile to the tables around us (which wins everyone over of course) and we sit down again. He's still in amused shock; I can tell as he stares at me blissfully.

"Wow, I already can't wait for you to be two hundred pounds."

I reach across the table and slap his hand. "I'm not gonna be two hundred pounds, silly."

We enjoy a nice dinner together, fantasizing about our future child, and once we get home, we call everyone we know to share the good news. Once I feel like I can't dial another phone number ever again, we both send out tweets to officially announce the news.

for @MrsSamReinhart :)