Dylan Larkin- Detroit Red Wings *Requested

"Dyl, I've been looking all over for you," I say along with a sigh of relief once I spot my boyfriend outside the dorm building the party was being held in. He's surrounded by a few of his friends that I recognize from the team.

"Hey babe," he says once I reach him and put my arm on his back. His buddies snicker slightly but Dylan ignores them and they quickly continue their previous conversation without him. He doesn't seem to mind, since he gets comfortable leaned against the wall and asks me how my day was. We didn't get much of a chance to talk at all since Dylan came to the party right from hockey practice.

"Tiring," I admit. "I had two tests today."

He has a little smirk on his face that tells me he isn't taking me seriously. "And how were they?" he asks.

I clench my jaw before saying, "Brutal." He chuckles low and deep in his chest.

"How was your day?" I ask him. I've been taking for granted his strict routine. He goes to class then goes to hockey then comes to my dorm and we study or watch a movie or order dinner. He loves how his freshmen year of college is going, and I use that as a roadblock in asking him how he's doing on a daily basis.

"My day was good," he says. "I'm a little tired too though."

I sigh wistfully, looking up at Dylan. How is it that I can fall in love all over again when I stare at him and he stares back?

Dylan bites his lip and hugs me around the waist. "I love you," he whispers when his lips are at the side of my hair. My heart warms and I blush. I hear his friends making side remarks but I don't mind, not when Dylan is telling me he loves me.

I rest my head deep into his shoulder, to feel the love he's expressing.

"Knock it off you guys," I hear Dylan say over my shoulder. All I can say is that I'm grateful that I'm facing away from the guys. However that means I can feel their stares at my backside, instead of my face.

Dylan braces his hands on my arms and I step back. "Let's get something to eat," he suggests. I nod and grin.

He says quick goodbyes to the guys and I wave in response to their sentiments directed at me. We walk away from the group, hand in hand. Dylan leads the way across the dark campus. University of Michigan isn't a small place, and it takes over ten minutes to get to my dorm building and up to my room on the fifth floor.

My roommate transferred to a different college last month, so for now I have the room all to myself. And therefore, me and Dylan both collapse on top of my bed in a heap. I humph as his head lands on my chest, but relish in the way that he snuggles against my skin.

I laugh lightly and pull the covers over us. "You're not gonna talk to me at all?" I question sarcastically. His eyes are closed but I know he's not asleep just yet. His hair tickles my neck.

He picks up his head slightly and looks up at me. "What do you want to talk about?" he asks cheerily.

I shrug and finger his dark locks. "I don't know," I sigh. "What's gonna happen next year? You know, when you are playing in the NHL and I'm stuck here?"

He raises his eyebrows and sits up fully. I shiver without the contact of his warm skin on mine. "Who says I'm gonna be in the NHL?"

I roll my eyes. "C'mon Dyl. We all know you're gonna be."

He shrugs, not entirely sure just how amazing he really is. If only he would read some articles about the draft coming up next summer. He's supposed to go really high! I'm proud of him but he doesn't like to talk about that stuff.

"If that does happen, what's gonna happen is you'll be there to see me score my first goal," he says cockily. "Top shelf," he envisions.

A smile embraces my face. "I mean... how are we going to stay together if you're really far away?" I look down at the bright pink bed covers. (Dylan always complains about the color and how girly it is, but I have to keep reminding him that this is my room, not his. We both forget that sometimes; he's here so much of our free time anyway).

"Hey," he says softly and hugs me tight. "Are you really worried about that?" I nod into his shoulder. "We've been together since high school. I'm not gonna let anything come between us."

"Not even your dream? Playing in the NHL?" I question and straighten up. I lean back against the head board and wipe my eyes free of tears. He turns his head.

"Of course. You are the most important thing for me. You," he proclaims.

I believe him fully. I don't know how we will make it work, but I believe that we will, that Dylan will. He's the smartest and most determined guy I know. He can do anything he sets his mind to.

"I love you, Dyl."

He grins, moves next to me, and pulls me down to the pillows. "I love you too," he says with a kiss to my forehead.

for @BriGare :)