Nikita Zadorov- Buffalo Sabres *Requested

"Are you sure he's not gonna hate me?"

I roll my eyes. "Nikita. Why would he hate you? He's a ten year old kid obsessed with hockey."

"But didn't you say that his favorite is Gionta? I can't compare to that guy!" Oh boy, stop doubting yourself.

I raise my eyebrows at him. Does he seriously think my little brother is going to turn down meeting a professional hockey player? He's got a lot to learn.

He raises his eyebrows back at me and I just shake my head and get out of his car. He takes a deep breath and takes my hand for moral support. I have to laugh at how nervous he is. He wasn't this nervous when he met my parents!

I unlock the front door and pull Nikita behind me. I yell out my brother's name into the empty house until finally he comes bounding down the steps. This must be a nice little surprise for him, since I hadn't told him I was visiting.

Ever since me and Nikita moved in together, I haven't gotten out to the neighborhood.

He immediately comes to me and gives me a hug; he's still at that age where hugging your big sister isn't weird.

"Y/B/N, this is--"

"Nikita Zadorov! Y/N this is Nikita Zadorov!" He exclaims. He pushes me out of the way. "What are you doing here?"

Nikita glances at me and I grin and nod. I knew it. This kid is the biggest Sabres fan I know- obviously he would be excited out of his little mind.

They get to talking like I knew they would.

"Wait wait wait," he says and turns to me. "Is this your boyfriend?"

"I did tell you he plays hockey," I say in response to his surprise.

He shrugs. "You didn't tell me in the NHL!"

"Sorry kid," I say and laugh. He turns back to Nikita. "This is gonna be so cool. Hey do you wanna watch my game tonight? I'll probably score."

I don't want to put my boyfriend in an awkward situation so I cut in. "You know, I'm sure he's pretty busy, Y/B/N--"

"No we're free tonight I think," Nikita says and glances at me. "We can go, right babe?"

Of course I agree.

After the game, in which my brother's team wins, we drop him off at a friend's house. He's been going crazy, telling everyone that he knows a Sabre.

Once we get home and inside, it's pretty late. "So aren't you gonna say I was right?" I taunt.

He sighs with a smile. "Yeah you were right."

"And....?"

"You're always right," he says. I nod approvingly and kiss him.

I pull back and fix his hair. "And tomorrow, we get to go to the mall because I need a new dress!" I announce and bound into our bedroom; it's been a long day.

I hear him groan. "Can we at least have fun tonight?"

for KerbsandTemps :)