Sidney Crosby- Pittsburgh Penguins *Requested

6:00 am.

That's the time you're alarm went off that morning.

You groan at first but get up easily when you remember why you're getting up so early in the morning:

Sidney's coming home.

You hop out of bed and throw on a pair of sweatpants over your shorts. Your husband's first road trip of the year, 2 weeks, officially ended today, because the team's plane was landing just about now.

The sky is still pitch black so you turn all the lights on in your spacious house. It was very cold and you wonder if the heater is broken as you see your golden retriever, Bone, laying by the vent.

As you sit quietly on the kitchen counter waiting for your coffee to brew, a soft cry rang through the empty house.

You hop down and rush into your daughter's bedroom. At 7 months old, she wakes up at all times of the night.

"Hi honey," you coo and pick her up. She stops crying and starts sucking on her thumb. She always seems to do that for comfort.

"Daddy's coming home today," you say to her.

She giggles a little. When you watched the games on TV these last few weeks, Juli points to the tv and smiles. She would look back at you and you would nod and smile back. "There's your daddy," you would say.

Sometimes you would shed a tear, wishing that Sidney could be here all the time with you and your daughter.

Staring down at Juli in your arms, it reminded you of the day she was born...

...Thankfully it was an off day for Sid, so he was with you the whole time. You don't know what you would've done without him.

It was a horribly long amount of time of labor, all the way into the morning hours of that chilly March day.

"I can't do it," you pleaded and rolled your head so you came in direct eye contact with your husband. He was sitting by your bedside, face just inches from yours, holding your hand through all the times you've squeezed it harder than you could imagine.

"Yes you can," he whispered and kissed your forehead that glistened with a thin sheen of sweat.

His whisper was such a contrast to the hectic atmosphere in the room. Nurses rushed about frantically and you could practically hear your mother's impatient footsteps in the hallway.

But his whisper gave you the false impression that everything was calm and peaceful.

You closed your eyes briefly with the feeling of his lips on your skin. Just then, another sharp pain known as a contraction shot through your lower abdomen. You clutched your stomach and cried out.

Two nurses rushed over and soon called over your doctor. "It's time to push Y/N," Doctor Mindy said with an anxious smile.

You didn't have a choice really, but all you can say is that pushing hurt ten thousand times worse than the contractions. But Sid was there the whole time, encouraging you quietly. He knew that if was one of those annoying husbands who said things that didn't help one bit, you would've slapped him.

But he was perfect. You focused only on his voice as small tears escaped your eyes. You were sure that his hand was hurting because yours was too, from squeezing his so incredibly hard. But he didn't flinch once.

"Congratulations on your healthy baby girl!"

Juli. That was the name you had finally decided just days before. There would be no "e" on the end, because it was unique different, just like you know your daughter would stand out.

"She's so beautiful," you say in awe as a nurse hands her over to you and exits the room, leaving just you and Sid and baby Juli.

Sidney reached over and lightly traced his finger down Juli's soft cheek. His face was just as lit up as yours.

You make eye contact with him and he leans in to place a soft kiss on your lips. "Thank you," he said softly.

"Couldn't have done it without you," you say, stating the obvious.

***

"Please go back to sleep, baby," you practically beg your little daughter as she keeps whining and sucking her thumb. She's tired, but every time you try to put her down, she screams.

"There's my two favorite girls," you hear and turn around instantly.

Sidney.

"You're home," you breathe out. Juli is going crazy in your arms. She's reaching up her hands and giggling and smiling and bouncing around.

He crosses the room in three long strides and takes you into his arms. He kisses you rather hard considering there's a child in between both your chests.

He pulls back and your lips swell slightly. Juli is whining for her dad and Sid complies to her outstretched arms and holds her up to place a kiss on her face.

"Hi Jules," he says, "I missed you baby."

Juli just smiles at the sound of his voice and her legs kick excitedly. Sidney grins at her cute little laugh. He loves her more than words could say, even more than hockey.

He takes her out into the front room and reached around his suitcase. He pulls out a stuffed animal, one just about the size of Juli herself.

She clutches the soft fabric of the penguin in her little hands and you just have to grab your phone to take a picture.

You both play with her and take turns making her laugh. Since she can now sit up and crawl, she makes it a game to crawl back and forth from your lap to his. You and Sidney could watch her do that for hours. And you do.

It's almost ten o'clock before you realize you should get ready for the day.

You stick Juli in her playpen and Sid follows you into the bedroom.

"We're glad you're home," you say and put your arms around his neck.

"I missed both of you," he says into your hair. He kisses you softly and you remember why you love him so much.

You would go through all the long road trips if it meant having sweet reunions like this.

for mahomiebelieber1d and glowinthedarkcorgi :)