Damien Brunner- New Jersey Devils

"But Damien," you said as you followed your fiancé into your shared apartment, "We have to finish planning the wedding by the end of this week."

The two of you had been arguing about it for the last few weeks.

You understood that planning a wedding was more of a girl thing, but you wanted at least a little help from Damien.

"Can you just please do it? Or ask your mom to help?"

He had been saying the same things for weeks. He just didn't realize how much pressure and stress you had.

You left to your bedroom and he didn't even notice as he had already turned on ESPN.

You called the caterer you had been researching and with help from the phone operator instead of your fiancé, you finalized a menu. It took almost an hour and when you hung up, you just wanted to sleep. But you had so much more to do and it was eating away at you.

You decide to take a short break and flop back onto your bed. Thinking about the workload you have and making a mental list of everything else that needed to be done- reception hall, DJ, songs, flowers, napkin colors. Hell, you didn't even have a dress yet and the wedding was scheduled for less than sixth months from now.

What if I have to borrow a wedding dress? you thought. The very thought of it brought tears to your eyes.

It wasn't all your fault that you were so emotional. It also just happened to be that time of the month.

You sniffle and wipe your nose just as the door creeks open.

"Y/N?" you hear Damien say cautiously. He sees you laying and crying and runs over to you.

"Oh my God, baby what's wrong?" he asks and pulls you into his lap.

You wipe a stray tear. "Stress," you say simply.

You explain everything that is making you worry and he strokes your hair as you tell him it all. When you finish, he places a full kiss on your lips.

"I'm sorry I was being an ass. I'll do anything you need," he says sincerely, "I didn't know you felt like this," he whispered. You gave him a sad smile. It was partly your fault for not telling him anything was wrong.

"So what do you want me to do?" he asked, ready to keep his promise.

You sniffle again and rest your head on his chest. "Just cuddle with me all night?"

He kisses your hair and pulls you with him as he lays back. "Anything for you baby."

You fall asleep minutes later with the familiar feeling of Damien's hands playing with your hair.

For dbrunner24 :)

If anyone wants one, request in the comments please!