Jonathan Toews- Chicago Blackhawks *Requested

At 22 years old, and just months away from graduation, you just wanted college to be over so you could get out into the real world.

Being an accomplished business woman at a high class bank was your goal. Maybe one day you'd even make manager. You can only imagine taking the subway every morning to get through the busy Chicago traffic. You could walk in heels everyday (always a dream of yours) and cute pencil skirts and business wear could make anyone excited to be a working woman.

But as of now, you were studying for midterms. They were important every year, but this year they seemed extra pressurous. If you passed them, you were so much closer to your degree.

So you opted out of going to your boyfriend's hockey game and instead went to the library on campus to get in some studying.

Before you knew it, the sky was black and many people had left the library in search of something to dine on. Like they say, time flies when you're having fun. Or...when you're ripping your hair out over contract speech.

You fish through your purse for the granola bar you knew was a good idea to pack, but first come across your vibrating iPhone.

You flipped it over and the screen light illuminated the semi dark space you sat at. Jonathan's face, a rare time you caught him laughing in a picture, surfaced the screen.

You had forgotten to see what happened with the game, but the last time you checked, deep in the second period, the Blackhawks were winning 4-0.

As you slid your thumb across the screen to answer the call, you smiled to yourself. You hadn't talked to Jonathan all day because you didn't want to interfere with his focus on tonight's home game against the Philadelphia Flyers.

"Hey Jonny," you say in an upbeat voice that is probably too loud for a library, at least that's what you gather from the heads that turn for the slightest of seconds.

"Where are you?" he asks rather coldly.

You're taken aback from his tone (he's always so gentle around you) but say, "I'm studying at the library. Is everything okay?"

"Not really. I'll be there in ten minutes," he says in that same short tone and hangs up the phone without even saying goodbye.

You wonder why he's so upset. He isn't called Captain Serious for nothing, but he was always so kind with you. It can't be because of the game... he had an assist when you last checked.

You see his car pull up outside and he's slouched up against the window when you finally gather your stuff and open the passenger side door.

"Are you okay?" you ask, still cautious from that phone call.

He puts the car in drive and speeds off, not even answering or looking over at you.

He drives all the way back to his and Patrick's shared apartment before talking. Pat's never home after a game, win or loss. He's out to celebrate, or get over the loss. "Tonight sucked," Jon said.

"But you won...didn't you?"

"No, Y/N! We lost! We blew it, okay?" he yelled in frustration.

You couldn't believe how mad Jonathan was. All you did was ask if they won.... He was always serious about hockey, but he never took it out on you.

"Why-"

"I sucked! Everyone is blaming me! All the reporters, even Coach is thinking it, I know he is!"

Jon usually never lets other people get to him, but he was visibly upset tonight.

"Well you know that they're wrong and nex-"