Jamie Oleksiak- Texas Stars (AHL) *Requested

"How do you go twenty two years without learning how to swim?" Jamie asks with a chuckle.

I slap his arm, hand over the sunblock, and turn around. "You don't need to know how to swim when you live in Nebraska," I respond and move my hair over my shoulder so that he can get my back.

"Don't be defensive," he chides, and rubs the white lotion into my back, his hands tickling my waist. I curl and cringe away from his hands as a reaction. Must he always?

The pool in the backyard of Jamie's new house was brand new as well, perfectly sculpted out of the ground and all ten foot glory. It was intimidating just standing in front of it.

I glance back at Jamie. He's staring at me with raised eyebrows and crossed arms. We've gotten to this point before: the bathing suit, the sunblock, the pool, the standing, the waiting. I've even gotten as far as standing in the shallow end- because I can stand in it.

"Are you ready this time?" He asks. I nod and turn back around to the absolutely perfectly serene water that just lightly ripples along. That is until Jamie cannonballs in, no warning might I add.

He resurfaced to me now sitting. His childishness tires me out sometimes. "C'mon babe. It's just water. You know water! You drink it all the time, and you shower in it, wash your hands with it." His persuasion tactics were second to everything but I laughed anyways.

"Fine, come here." I give in, maybe because he looks cute with his hair sticking up in all directions. He takes my outstretched hands and assists me in sliding off the concrete and into the warm water.

But once my feet don't come in contact with a solid level, I wrap my legs around Jamie and my arms around his neck. "Please don't let go, please don't let go, please don't let go."

He chuckles and spins us around. "I won't let go, geez."

I breathe deeply and close my eyes against his shoulder. "Hey you're really scared of this, aren't you?" He whispers and kisses my neck.

I nod against his shoulder and tighten my grip on him. "I almost drowned when I was little.

It doesn't haunt me like it used to. Its just whenever I'm near water. Or the ocean. Or pools.

"You never told me that," Jamie says.

I'm not brave enough to swim on my own today, but telling that to Jamie is another step. Maybe tomorrow, I'll unclasp my legs from Jamie's waist. Or maybe not..

For JBOCMCS14 :)