Tyler Seguin- Dallas Stars *Requested

A tiny memory can make me happy and sad at the same time.

It took me forever to find the perfect dress. Prom was a big deal. Everything had to be perfect.

Until everything fell apart. My curls had fallen out to just waves and my makeup was smearing. I could feel it. And the dress was altered a little too tight. I just wanted the night to be over.

And finally he arrives. Tyler, my very recent boyfriend. I was embarrassed to look so out of place in front of him, but he didn't even say anything about it.

He greeted me with a huge grin and a full kiss. "You look awesome," he says and takes in my appearance.

I blush because I know he actually believes what he says. It was the beginning of my everlasting trust with him.

Who knew it could all crash and burn?

I attached myself to Tyler like cheese on pizza. Went everywhere with him. Did everything with him.

Boston, Dallas, wherever the journey would take us.

And tonight, the journey ended. At least for me.

The night was going great. A much needed outing with a few friends. To clubs and whatnot. Typical.

What wasn't so typical was the fact that I hadn't received a random text from Tyler asking if we needed a ride. He always was checking up. Though I'm never drunk enough to make any bad decisions, I still welcome his concern.

The taxi from the popular night club to me and Tyler's shared apartment was only ten minutes or so. I took my time, tired and feeling sore from my heels.

I can't see any light coming from under the door, so I assume Tyler is already asleep. After all, he did have an early practice the next morning.

I kick my shoes off at the door and they land next to an unfamiliar pair of stilettos. It didn't register in my mind just yet.

I flip on lights as I pass through the place. And stab at plates of food left on the dining table. Still not registered.

Finally I just decide to join Tyler in bed, catch a few z's before work tomorrow morning.

I walk down the hall and my band freezes on the door knob. I hear Tyler, my boyfriend, and his oh so familiar voice. His familiar groans and moans.

My stomach clenches and everything falls together. Off a cliff. I open the door, rather roughly.

There's rustling and turning heads and then they both sit up. A chesty blonde. With Tyler. My Tyler.

He says my name warily. I hear it, but I don't. I can't focus on anything. Just that my life I made with this man is crumbling.

I retreat to the living room, pick up my shoes and reach for my coat. A warm hand stops me. I pull away.

"Please don't leave, baby. I love you," he keeps saying. Over and over. As if it will change anything.

I can feel tears at my cheeks. "Tyler. It's over. I can't believe you would do this to me."

I leave him standing with wet eyes and a dry mouth. He deserves it, I think.

And months pass. I don't even remember them really. Just a circuitous routine of work, home, work home. Home being a crappy old apartment downtown. I couldn't afford anything else.

The memory of Tyler Seguin still burns my memory and I cry whenever I think about him too much.

All the times we fought over stupid things, all the times we gave each other the silent treatment, all the times screamed at each other....I never thought it would've led to that. Cheating.

It's not until the summer that I really get a handle on my life. I know Tyler. went home for the off season and I know I can live without the possibility of seeing a poster of him, hearing his voice on the tv, running into him on the street.

But that's exactly what happened.

He said my name. Slowly, intimately, quietly. It's a wonder I even heard it. I could recognize his voice anywhere.

"Tyler."

The day took a turn. It was spent with Tyler. Like how it used to be. It was a refreshing change.

All I had done to forget about him, erased. Just like my anger towards him.

He was somewhat distant. It's not like I didn't know why. It bothered me some.

"I miss you," I find myself saying. What a crazy thing. After all, I am the one who up and left.

"You already know I've missed you," he says.

He comes back to my apartment, which I'm suddenly quite embarrassed by. The moment he goes straight to the kitchen is the moment I know that nothing really changes.

I'll always love Tyler.

for xLesCanadiens4Everx :)