Brendan Gallagher- Montrèal Canadiens

You and Brendan went to high school together. He had always been a funny kid that everyone seemed to like.

He had never noticed you, being quiet and studious as you were. You were in completely different crowds so naturally, your paths never crossed.

You officially met Brendan the day that he walked into the ice cream parlor you worked at. He was with a little boy and bought him ice cream. They sat at one of the tables and you proceeded to clean off the counter.

The hockey team for your school never set foot in any ice cream parlor in fear of becoming extremely sluggish, so it shouldn't be a surprise that the first time Brendan noticed you was during winter break of your senior year.

You saw Brendan get up from his seat and approach the counter. "No tip jar?" he asked with a smile playing at his lips.

You shook your head and let your lips curl, "No tip jar," you repeated.

He shrugged and handed you a five dollar bill, "You can have a tip anyway."

You shook your head, not taking the bill, "That's more than what it cost," you said, referring to the vanilla cone the boy was still licking.

Brendan shook his head and set the bill on the counter, "You look like you're pretty good at this."

You lightly blushed and put the bill in your back pocket. "Thank you," you said.

Brendan stayed at the counter and you talked until the boy, who you found out was his cousin, was bugging to go home.

"Bye Y/N," he said before he left. You were speechless until he drove away. You talked to Brendan Gallagher for ten minutes!

On Monday in school, Brendan surprisingly sat next to you in math class and you two passed notes the whole time. You didn't even get caught.

You and Brayden had become closer than you were with anyone. He walked you to every class and carried your books and held your hand and smiled at you from across the room. He bought you lunch and asked you to watch him play hockey.

The first time he kissed you was after said hockey game. It was right outside the locker room, before he went in to take a shower and listen to coach's post game speech.

"I really like you," he said.

"I like you too, Brendan," you said and smiled.

He cradled your face with his hands and kissed you with earnest. You knew that he felt the spark also.

When you pulled back, he rested his forehead against yours and said, "You're a cool girl, you know that?"

"And you're a cool guy," you said back. "Now go take a shower. You're all sweaty," you joked and ruffled his soaked hair.

"And I'll change outta all this gear and take you on a real date," he said and grinned.

"I can't wait," you said and smiled after him.

No one at school could believe that Brendan Gallagher, the most popular guy in school, was dating you. Plenty of people told you this, but Brendan was always around, ready to defend you.

When prom rolled around, you went together. Brendan looked amazing in his tux but told you countless times that you're the most gorgeous girl he's ever seen. At graduation, he and you escaped from your families to be alone.

"So the draft is in a few weeks," he said after a long period of silence and standing.

"I know," you said quietly. You knew that once he was drafted by an NHL team, you wouldn't be seeing much of each other. You didn't like to talk about it, but knew that you both had to.

"I want you to come with me, Y/N," he said.

"To the draft?"

He nodded, "And anywhere I get drafted to."

"But, Brendan I- I have school. I'm going to college in the fall," you said, honestly shocked that Brendan would say that. You had only been dating for a few months.

"I love you Y/N!" he blurted out. It was the first time he said that.

"You love me?" you asked, shocked.

He nodded sheepishly, "So much."

"I love you too, Brendan," you said and hugged your arms around him, completely forgetting about the situation at hand.

"Just promise you won't break up with me," he whispered against your hair.

"Is that what this is about? You think I'm going to leave you?" you asked. If anything, you thought he would be the one to leave you. This must be why he asked you to go with him wherever he gets drafted to.

He shrugged and wouldn't meet your eyes.

"Brendan Gallagher, I will never leave you until you tell me to," you say firmly.

"Well I'll never tell you leave as long as I live," he said and smiled again.

"Well then I guess we'll be together forever," you say.

He kissed your lips and you lean into him, happy to be starting this journey with him.