Carey Price- Montreal Canadiens *Requested

"Carey, where are you?" I question into the phone. "You said you were coming over at six, I'm worried."

With that, I hang up. It's almost eight and I've left two voicemails and a handful of texts. Every minute that goes by, I'm getting a little bit more worried that something could've happened to him.

Once my thumb nail is almost completely chewed off out of nervousness, a knock sounds on my door. I run across the apartment, hoping it's Carey, and praying that it's not a police officer or a friend telling me some bad news.

"Carey!" I exclaim when I throw open the door. I throw my arms around his neck and squeeze him tight. He's out of breath, presumably from running up six flights of stairs- the elevator in my building has been out for weeks.

"I'm sorry I didn't call. I was a little... preoccupied," he says. I pull back and raise my eyebrows.

"What in the hell does that mean?"

He chuckles and gestures to the ground behind him. I gasp. On the floor is a puppy, sleeping peacefully probably dreaming of dog bones and chasing kitties. "Oh my..."

"She fell asleep when I was carrying her up here," he offers sheepishly. "I thought we could get that pet together that we always talked about getting."

I nod frantically and hug him once again. "Oh Carey, thank you. She's perfect!"

He picks her up gingerly and we walk inside my apartment. As we sit on the couch, Carey pets her head to try to wake her. I said it was fine and to let her sleep but he said that he wants me to meet her, to which I giggled.

As soon as the little lab puppy wakes up, she begins licking my face and wagging her tail. I laugh and pet her so she'll calm down. But, she's a puppy and puppies love to play.

"What should we name her?" I ask. Carey shrugs and has a small smile on his face, "I thought I would let you pick. You're better at that stuff than I am."

"Hmm..." I think for a second, "I like Daphne."

"Alright, Daphne it is," Carey announces.

Daphne tires the both of us out rather quickly- she's full of energy. Carey suggests taking her for a walk when she's run herself wild around our studio apartment.

She must be the most uncoordinated puppy in the world, taking uneven steps and moving somewhere in between a trot and a full on sprint. I laugh at the sight of Carey being pulled along by a dog the size of one of his hands.

Even when we returned home, Daphne was still bouncing. "Carey, you must've gotten the most energetic dog in all of Montreal," I joke as I plop down on the couch in exhaustion. Carey continues running around the living room and kitchen, trying to catch Daphne log enough to take her leash off her, but to no avail.

Eventually, my boyfriend comes to sit next to me with a resigned sigh. He puts his arm on the back of the couch behind me, and I cuddle up to his shoulder. We both close our eyes in need of some rest from the hectic night.

I'm about to fall asleep, and can already feel Carey's heartbeat slowing. That is until Daphne jumps up onto our laps. "Oomph!"

Me and Carey look at each other and shake our heads. "Oh brother..."

for @mockingmercy :)