Valeri Nischukin- Dallas Stars *Requested

You had never thought that you'd ever be this close to the ice before. But this morning, you were only a few rows back from the glass, right behind the net.

The Dallas Stars, your home team, were holding an open practice and you had somehow managed to get close enough to actually see the puck.

You're brother was supposed to be with you, but he got called into work earlier than expected- so you were alone. Well, you were with hundreds of other fans, but they were strangers to you.

Your eyes were immediately drawn to the talented rookie with the striking blonde hair peeping out of his helmet.

He was impressive and was easily noticeable among all the players. He either noticed you staring, or just happened to stop his gaze on you as his eyes swept the arena.

Either way, you made eye contact. His light gray eyes bore into yours like there wasn't anyone else in the whole arena, like there weren't players skating between you swiftly, like you weren't just a girl and he was a professional hockey player.

When a whistle blew, calling the team to center ice, Valeri looked at you for one more second and then slowly turned around and made his way to the rest of the team.

You were unable to move, your eyes still focused on the bold 43 on the back of his jersey.

"He looked at me!" The girl in the row in front of you shrieked and her and her friends jumped up and down excitedly. You resisted the urge to roll your eyes.

You didn't know if you were just imagining it, but you and Valeri made eye contact a lot during that whole practice. Afterwards, when the players were skating off the ice, he picked up a puck and flipped it over the glass.

It landed in your lap. You looked up and he was smiling at you. You blushed and clutched the puck, earning glares from a few girls around you.

Valeri winked at you once before skating off. He was the last one off the ice.

As everyone started to file out of the building, you stopped by the bathroom. You realized that you forgot the puck and you rushed back to your seat in almost tears.

You didn't want to lose that puck. When you got back to your seat, it wasn't there. You collapsed onto the floor in sadness.

"Looking for this?"

You look up and see a familiar face and blonde hair. Valeri.

You were too in shock to get any words out. "I- uhm..."

"I thought maybe you didn't want it," he said and flipped it over in his hands.

You shook your head and stood up, "No I was just coming back to find it!" you explain.

He hands the puck to you and you feel a slight shock when your hands touch.

"You're very beautiful," he says sheepishly.

You blush and thank him. He really is very sweet.

There's a moment of silence between the two of you and then he blurts out, "Do you want to go out with me?"

You're taken off guard but only have to look once in his hopeful eyes to agree. "Yes," you say and laugh, "but only because I like your accent."

"I like yours too," he says, "It's cute."

You blush again. No one has ever complimented your southern accent, probably because everyone in Dallas sounds like you.

He wrote his number on that puck and kissed your cheek softly. You smiled and couldn't wait for your date.

You spent the rest of the day thinking about him, and were pleasantly surprised when you received a text from him saying:

I couldn't last any longer without talking to you... wanna go out tonight?

You giggled and immediately texted back.

For LilianWasHere16 :)

Comment for requests and it would be helpful to add a scenario but you don't have to !