Antti Niemi- Dallas Stars *Requested

"Congrats Hun!" I yell into the phone. I feel like I need to yell because I can't even hear Antti on the other end, it's so loud.

"What?" He yells back even louder, so loud I need to hold the phone away from my ear and leave the baby's room.

"Geez Antti you'll wake the baby!" I say and close the bedroom door behind me as I enter into the hallway.

I hear a gradual decrease in noise and then a quick apology. "Sorry, everyone is really excited," he explains.

I can only imagine how crazy the locker room is right now, with the Stars just winning the Western Conference Finals in seven games against the Chicago Blackhawks.

"That's okay, I'm so proud of you," I say into the phone. It's hard not being able to hug him and tell him these things in person, but he'll
be back. The plane will probably land in the middle of the night so I'll be asleep. But tomorrow, we'll be able to properly celebrate.

"Did you see that save I made in the second period? Glove side? Pretty sick, huh?" He questions, excitement clear in his voice.

"I saw every save and that had to be one of the best," I agree. "What time are you guys gonna be home do you think?"

"I don't know, depends when everyone finally settles down enough to get on the plane. Don't wait up though, I bet you need sleep. How's the kid?"

"The kid is doing well. He misses his dad but he's been sleeping perfectly," I say.

"Great. Give him a kiss for me if he isn't asleep already."

Even though I just put him to bed, I promise Antti that I'll give our son a kiss for him. When we hang up, I head to bed quickly, tired from staying up late to watch the triple overtime game.

It's not until five in the morning that I awake, and it's not on my own. I hear an incredible amount of noise coming from the front door, and I go to investigate. I have to admit I was a little scared, but I figured it was just Antti finally getting home.

I see him closing the front door gingerly, which is ironic considering he made so much noise actually coming inside the house. I bound over to him with joy and wrap my arms around my husband.

"Hi, I missed you," I say with a grin.

He laughs and hugs me back, leading us upstairs. "Missed you too." I peck his lips and open the door to our bedroom. I would love to stay up and talk about the game with him, but I'm beat.

"Wait I just wanna see the baby real quick," Antti says, stalling sleep just a little while longer. Nevertheless, I nod and follow him into our son's nursery.

I watch as Antti leans over the crib and runs his thumb over our baby's soft little cheek. His lashes flutter, and Antti pauses, both of us praying that he hadn't woken the little boy. We both know that once he's awake, he won't be going back to sleep anytime soon. He's quite the fussy one, but then again so is Antti.

After a few minutes, we head to our own bed and fall asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow. And in the morning we are both awaken by the impatient cries from the baby.

"I got him," Antti mumbles before I can get out of bed. I'm grateful for the few extra minutes of sleep, but eventually I resign to the fact that I'm never gonna be able to get back to sleep. So I make the trip across the hall and into the nursery.

There I see Antti cradling our beautiful baby, rocking him to peace. I really couldn't imagine my life to be any better than this, than this moment right here.

Antti smiles up at me, and I simply wave back from my place in the doorway. Honestly, nothing could be better than this.

Yeah this moment will end. Antti and the Stars will begin practices for the Cup Finals tomorrow, and he'll be on the road and everything will be crazy. But right now, it's peaceful. Just me and my husband and our beautiful baby.

for @fandomsarelite55 :)