Ryan Murray- Columbus Blue Jackets *Requested

My bicep starts to ache in the slightest bit as I stir the dough around in the stainless steel bowl. My mother always said wooden spoons make everything taste better, but damn they sure are hard to use. I'm sure I've got a splinter or two.

I can hear the door open up and, even though I know it's just my boyfriend, I wonder why I always forget to lock it. "Y/N, what did I tell you about leaving you door unlocked," Ryan whines and I hear him drop his keys and things on the coffee table.

I wipe my hands on my apron and exit the kitchen, meeting him halfway. "You say, 'lock the door so you don't get kidnapped.'" I roll my eyes and peck his lips. "How are you?"

"I'm great. How about you? Have a good day?" He asks and follows behind me to the kitchen.

"I finished all my Christmas shopping after work, and even took a nap," I say proudly. He chuckles and kisses my cheek. I smile and continue to mix the chocolate chips into the dough.

"Hey I thought we were gonna make cookies together," he whines.

"Oh Ryan, don't be a baby. I was just getting a head start. God knows you only want to eat them anyway," I say and laugh at his childishness.

"I wanna help you make them," he says and hops up on the counter next to me. As he says this he begins picking chocolate chips out of my dough and pops them into his mouth.

I slap his chest in scolding. "Ryan!"

He laughs and settles down enough to just watch me mix the dough. I remember when I used to feel self conscious whenever Ryan would stare at me, but now he doesn't even phase me. I'm comfortable enough with him after two years.

He surprisingly helps me roll the dough into small balls and then we place them in the oven for forty minutes.

"Two more days til Christmas," I say happily as we go into the living room. He sits on the sofa and I plop onto his lap, where we snuggle up next to each other.

"You excited or something?"

"Duh. It is Christmas," I say.

We sit quietly for a few minutes until I feel him shift beneath me and put his hand on his pants pocket.

"You wanna check on those cookies?" He suggests. I shrug and get off him and lead the way back to the kitchen. There's still seventeen minutes left in the timer that I had set, but I open the oven door to check on them anyway. Understandably, the cookies are not even close to being finished.

I shrug away from the heat and close the door again. "They aren't done yet, Ry," I call back to him, wherever he is.

To my surprise, when I turn back around, my beloved Ryan is on one knee. "Ryan..." I whisper in shock.

"Y/N, you've been in my life a long time now. And I need you to get by, ya know? I didn't really plan out exactly what to say but uhm... I love you, more than anything in the world. And I'll always love you for the rest of my life. So, will you marry me?"

It's heartfelt but crazy and spontaneous, exactly like Ryan and it makes my heart swell. "Oh Ryan, yes! Of course I will," I say, tears coming to my eyes.

He stands up to slide the ring on my finger and then kisses my lips.

for @MissMak978 :)