Leaving You Hurts

The following morning, you sat with the Gryffindors at their table for breakfast. You could not help but yawn due to your horrible sleep during the night in which your insomnia had worsened. Of course, when you entered the Great Hall initially, the first thing you checked was the presence of Draco Malfoy. He was nowhere to be found. This therefore made the Great Hall your safe space, knowing you would not have to face him. This morning you had also returned the book to Harry, as you concluded that holding it in your position was of no use to you. You had copied down the handwriting with the intention of finding the rightful owner still, and therefore you no longer required the book. Harry was scanning through the book as you watched Hermione and Ron converse. Harry was too busy reading, as you were too busy yawning and being tired to pay any attention of what their conversation held.

However, all you four were ultimately grabbed when you caught sight of Katie Bell walking down the corridor. You all watched her walk past and, finally, Harry lifted himself from his seat. He'd taken the book with him, as you watched him hold it tightly against himself. You sighed, waiting for him to come back with some news of what had happened. You all therefore remained silent, watching Harry converse with Katie Bell. The expression upon her face was filled with solemnity and worry, and she seemed somewhat apologetic.

"Do you think she remembers who gave her the briefcase?" Ron asked.

"It doesn't look like she does," Hermione replied, all your eyes intently on the conversation between Katie and Harry.

Suddenly, Katie froze, looking behind Harry. Her eyes had caught someone, inspiring Harry to also turn around and look at what she was facing. Consequently, you, Hermione and Ron also turned to the doors of the Great Hall to find the individual at whom the two were staring at. Of course ... Mr Malfoy. Draco wore a white collared shirt, on top of it a grey sweater vest. He looked as handsome as ever, yet the sight of him struck a different type of pain within you. First, he watched Harry - his face was one full of anxiety and utmost fear. His eyes were glassy, his lips trembling. The mere sight of him in such a state broke your heart further, but you pursed your lips and forced the most stoic expression you could.

Harry and him kept their eyes on each other for a moment longer, until Draco backed out. Draco's eyes looked around the room nervously, catching sight of your cold eyes, which was enough for him to turn away quickly and exit the Great Hall. He paced his way through the corridors of Hogwarts and Harry, noticing the petrified manner in which Draco had left, bid Katie goodbye and walked at a decent speed to catch up behind Draco. Harry was going after Draco. They both had exited the room, leaving you with Hermione and Ron to sit in silence, not knowing what to expect.

"What do you think he's gone to do?" Ron asked, looking back and forth from you and Hermione.

"I don't know ... but," Hermione sighed, "it didn't look good."

"Do you think he'll hurt him?"

"Ron!"

"I'm just asking!"

"If he cursed Katie ... then," Hermione closed her mouth, looking at you apologetically.

"Then ... perhaps it's time I move on," you said, brushing your hand through your hair. Hermione widened her eyes lightly at the sound of your voice, but she did not comment, knowing that any word could cause your destruction.

Your leg could not stop itself from bouncing underneath the table. You tried to tell yourself that you did not care what happened between Draco and Harry. That even if Harry hurt Draco - then Draco most likely deserved it. Draco had hurt a dear friend of yours, an innocent girl. Could he? Could he have?

"Fuck," you huffed out, "I'm sorry. I have to go."

With this, you rose from the table in an instant. You proceeded to charge out of the Great Hall, knowing that you had to catch up with the two boys before you completely lost track of them. You pushed past any students, caring very little if you sent them onto the floor or into the wall. You dashed as quickly as possible, running through the hallways. Thankfully, they were now empty as most students had entered the Great Hall.