It Was Me

"Then tell her to stay away from my fucking boyfriend!" Pansy shouted out quickly in another screech, causing you to look back one final time at her upon the word boyfriend. You lifted your eyebrows in disbelief, struggling to process what she had said. Surely, she was not referring to Malfoy. Like - him and a girlfriend? No, that was a bizarre thought and certainly an impossible one.

Cedric dragged you off into the building before holding your hand and walking to the Hufflepuff common room as he spoke.

"What the hell happened?"

"She thinks I'm onto Malfoy because I keep arguing with him. She thinks it's some kind of flirting." You lied. No - it was about the Chamber, but that was not something Cedric could particularly find out at this point in time. Eventually, yes, but not just yet.

"How psychotic is she?" Cedric huffed. As soon as you entered the Hufflepuff common room, he sat you down on the sofa and kneeled down before you, examining your face closely and wiping off the dried blood with a wet tissue that he got from the corner of the common room which had tissues and little necessities. He wiped it off, then set it to the side. Then he got another one and proceeded to gently rub the dirt off your face, smiling at you as he did so. "You're so cute," he said.

"I bet my smashed face looks hot," you smiled.

"You bet it does." He finally finished and set the wet tissue box aside before throwing away the dirty ones he'd used. He thus sighed and sat down beside you, resting against the backrest and looking at you with a relaxed face. "Do you know what's happening next year?"

"Next year?"

"Yeah."

"No."

"It's the Triwizard Tournament, if I'm not wrong. I am quite sure it'll be five years."

"Triwizard Tournament? What's that?" You asked, relaxing on the backrest too and facing Cedric.

"Pretty cool stuff. Basically, over the year there are three tasks. You just have to win. They're pretty hard, from what I remember, but really cool. I was only in the first year, I think, when they had the last one. I couldn't participate, obviously, I was too young, but I'm thinking of doing it next year."

"Wait, that sounds pretty cool. Definitely do it. I'll cheer you on. Cedric! Cedric!"

"But it gets better."

"What is it?"

"We've only got a couple of months left of the school year, so I suppose it'd be fine to ask now."

"Ask what?"

"There's this thing called a Yule Ball, which is basically a ball for the Triwizard Tournament stuff. Everyone gets to go, and I was wondering if you'd be my date," he smiled.

"Are you dumb?"

His smile dropped.

"What kind of question is that? Of course!" You grinned, moving over to him and placing your hand on his chest before allowing yourself to gently kiss him, as he reciprocated the action.

The next day, you sat in the Slytherin common room and thought over for long hours who could have said anything. None of the teachers surely would not have, for they wouldn't mention such private matters to teachers. Only Ginny knew, otherwise. Ah. In fact - that's right - Ginny. How had you not thought of this before? With an enlightened face, you rose from your seat and quickly made your way to the Gryffindor common room where you'd hoped to find Ginny. To no avail, however, for she was not there. Upon questioning her placement, the Gryffindors informed you that they had not a clue where she could be, for the school was too big to estimate. And so, you simply waited till dinner. This proved useful and, upon leaving the Great Hall from dinner, you caught her out in the crowd and quickly caught up to her, walking beside her as the two of you strayed away from the crowd.