Struck With Pain

"[F/n], you ready?" Harry asked, holding his wand up.

You inhaled and nodded. Immediately after, Harry began to yell out a series of spells. Ranging from Expulso, Stupefy, Densaugeo, Confringo. You were horrified at the mere sound of those spells, knowing that one little slip up from you and you would burst in the air. As he yelled out every spell, there you were, holding your breath, using your wand as you held it with both hands, casting each spell aside. Sending the spells from the left to the right, exhaling with each cast off. Your eyes were squinted, filled with horror, as you saw the beam of every spell fly towards you. All you were left to do was send your arm left and right, preventing each spell from truly reaching you. During one point, you felt your arms grow tired and you felt them slow down as your muscles weakened; for a moment, you became convinced that a spell was going to hit you and, if not kill you, then seriously injure you. Harry had practiced these spells - he had them mastered powerfully, and therefore a single hit from him with a spell was enough to send you into shock.

"Harry! I'm tired!" You cried out through the spells.

"Keep going! Just a bit longer!" He exclaimed, still throwing spells at you. He was no longer using verbal spells, but now cast non-verbal ones, which sometimes proved even deadlier. With tears curling up in your eyes, you used all your strength and might to cast them off as much as possible. And finally, Harry finished. "Well done, [F/n]. You did amazing. You cast off every single one. Do you know how great that is?" He beamed, heading over to you. "Soon enough, you'll be casting off the AK one."

"Ugh, don't tell me," you sighed. "But don't forget to practice the cast offs as well. I'll be casting the spells on you in a couple of days."

"Yeah, I'll practice." He grinned. "I'm feeling confident about this, you know?"

"Yeah, not bad," you sighed of relief, and the two of you thus exited the Room of Requirement.

And, as you approached the Great Hall, you discovered a group of students standing around Filch as he stood on a ladder and pinned up another rule. You did not even bother to read it. Sighing, you and Harry looked at each other, tired with the horrific implementation of rules. Amongst the students stood Draco with his friends, looking up at the rules with grins. Were they happy for these rules to go up? Were they insane? You squinted your eyes suspiciously at them, but disregarded them quickly enough as Harry nudged you on to walk past them and go into the Great Hall. As you passed, Draco caught sight of you and watched you go inside, but he did not speak, merely watched.

Suddenly, as you were walking down the aisle of the Great Hall to reach the Gryffindor table where Hermione was sitting with Ron, both you and Harry were struck with horrific pain. Harry on his forehead; you on your chest. Both groaning in the exact same moment, Harry gripped his forehead, as you grabbed your chest, and the both of you began to wince in pain.

"[F/n]! Harry!" Hermione called out, noticing you and Harry.

You had both stopped in your tracks, slowly losing the feeling in your legs as the pain had become so severe it transported itself to the rest of your body.

"What the fuck!?" You cried out, falling onto your knees and grabbing your chest.

"Pray that he's nowhere here!" Harry cried out between his whines, also now on the floor, barely able to contain his voice from the growing pain. "Fuck!"

"Ron! Get help!" Hermione cried out. Ron, horrified, nodded his head quickly and charged off and outside of the Great Hall.

Lucky he was to discover Professor McGonagall walking with Professor Snape as they were passing a hallway by the Great Hall, and he quickly called out to them and begged them for help. The two looked at him in alarm and charged off into the Great Hall. Curious and nosey students also followed the two Professors into the Great Hall, and were horrified to see the screaming state of you and Harry, knowing very well what these screams meant. Draco and Blaise were amongst the nosey crowd, left to stand within a group of people, forced to stay in place and merely stare.