I'm in Love with You

Today was the last day of the fifth year.

You had all packed already, ready to return home, and your heart was wretched with the knowledge that you were leaving Draco. The only good thing that had happened since the death of Sirius was Dumbledore's return. He did not, nevertheless, tell you why he had disappeared, or why he suddenly came back, and thus you never inquired after it, for you knew he would not tell you. Today was a day free of lesson, giving students time to prepare to go home and spend time with their friends, and you spent your entire time in the Gryffindor common room with all your dearest friends. Harry avoided you at all costs, knowing he would have to see you every single day for over a month, and thus did want to get tired of you already and make his holidays a horror. The Weasleys had already invited you for the last days to spend at their house, but that aroused the debate of whether you should all go to their house or whether there should be a meet up at Grimmauld Place since you all had your own rooms anyway.

Albus was already in his cage, with the door open so that he could freely roam the Gryffindor common room if he wished. You, anyhow, took off in the evening to roam Hogwarts alone. It was your final night here at Hogwarts for six weeks; to you, that was a lot. Especially after such an eventful year. It was here, this year, that you and Draco had progressed so much, and your feelings for him had become clear. Yet, you had not spoken properly in two weeks. You hadn't seen each other much, nor slept with each other, and whenever you saw each other, either you both awkwardly looked the other way, or you would act as though you did not see each other. Yet, every time, your eyes met. In classrooms, your eyes would always meet, in the Great Hall, in hallways. But no words were exchanged. You grew worried that you cheeks flushed red every time you saw him and that they would expose how you felt about him.

Roaming the dark hallways, now empty, with students prepared in bed for the long trip tomorrow or students in their common rooms laughing all along together. You, on the other hand, grew more and more dissatisfied by the second. Was this how your year was going to end with Draco? By not talking to each other, by scarcely seeing each other? You were busy people indeed, but seeing each other in general had become hard, especially on your behalf. You knew of your feelings for him, which only resulted in you hiding information from him, or avoiding him, or being awkward around him. This was partially why you never wished to admit your feelings for him - because you knew you would destroy the goodness yourself.

"God," you huffed out to yourself, stepping out of the castle and slowly making your way towards the wooden bridge, upon which you walked. Once in the middle, you leaned on one of the windows and looked out at the beautiful landscape. The mountains all filled the scene, mended with the night sky, for it was already late. The stars were beginning to glisten and the moon had already made its way to your view, as it smiled brightly at you, causing you to watch it back with a soft expression. "Would you have predicted this?" You asked the moon, looking up at it. "I never thought I'd ever like a boy so much. But, here we are. I wonder if my parents would be proud. Do you think they would? Maybe not ... maybe not because of the person. But if they knew him as well as I do, I think they'd be proud, do you think so?"

The moon, nonetheless, remained silent.

On the other hand, another voice rose behind you.

"Why the fuck are you talking to yourself?" A voice laughed, approaching you. You turned around, looking at the person, as they came over and stood beside you at the bridge windows, also leaning on the window beside you, looking out.

Now, arm against arm with Draco Malfoy, you were left to watch the side of his head as his hair gentle swayed in the wind. His face looked ever so gentle as his eyes scanned the scenery. Yet, the view you had ... it was much better than the scenery of mountains and the moon. You knew that the moon would understand; it would not get mad at you for preferring the sight of Draco, for the moon knew of your feelings and the depth of them.