Lost in the Crowd

That day was the day you were capable of ignoring the negative thoughts which attempted to invade your mind so harshly. Though Hermione did not know the full story yet, and was excessively angry at you, she promised to keep her mouth shut and said she would cover for you and Draco as you left to the city of London. Ginny promised to cover up also. And so, dressed and ready, you and Draco snuck out into the world of muggles where you spent the day in London.

First, you took him to Greggs. The two of you got yourselves Greggs coffees and, surprised, Draco could not deny that the bitter taste was extremely welcoming and he liked it very much. So, with the Greggs cups in hand, you continued to walk side by side through the streets of London. You would point to something and tell Draco what it was, or he would point to something and ask about it. Your first destination was, in fact, the Metro. Islington to Westminster was around an hour walk away, something you and Draco could not bother doing, especially since you had such a busy schedule for the day.

On the Metro, Draco was horrified. You had to explain to him that it's like a train but underground and for shorter distances, and he simply stared at you as though you were the greatest magician on Earth, impressed at your extreme knowledge of the world around.

"Muggles ... muggles ... muggles," he would whisper to himself, as though he were falling insane, staring back and forth at all the people sitting in the Metro and minding their business. "I can't believe I've slept with you."

"Why not?" You laughed.

"I'm associating myself with you and it's only just hit me how disgusting that is."

"Yeah, well, I'm not too proud to have slept with a Malfoy either," you finally said with a mischievous grin as you both left the Metro. You made your way up the stairs to reach the surface, and you found yourselves in Westminster, with your first destination being Parliament. "Look at this - this is Big Ben."

"I know what Big Ben is," he added, "I remember seeing it once when we were passing London."

"Did you know that Big Ben isn't the name of the tower, but the actual clock?"

"I didn't know that," he smiled. "And what is all this?"

"Parliament."

"What is Parliament?"

"It is like the Ministry of Magic, only for muggles. So here sits the government. Currently we have a Tory government."

"And what is a Tory government?"

"Uh ... basically the right-wing party. I suppose that doesn't make much sense to you, anyhow. Basically ... the people in power value tradition and believe in the free-market. Before you ask what the free-market is ... it's just the belief that everyone should take care of their own money. That's as simply as I can put it."

"I suppose it kind of makes sense," he scratched his head, looking up at the large building. "So why is it called a party?"

"I don't know. They just call the groups parties."

"And are there any other parties?"

"Yes. There's Labour, LibDems, Green Party, UKIP - all of those and others. But realistically, only Conservatives or Labour have a chance at winning."

"I'm assuming Tory means Conservatives?" He smiled proudly, looking down at you, hoping to find that he was right. You thus nodded proudly, and his grin increased before looking back up at the large building.

"There we have the Supreme Court," you said, pointing to the large building, "that's basically like the Ministry of Magic, again. If someone breaks a law, courts will take the matters in their hands. The Supreme Court is essentially the highest court in the UK. There are twelve justices."

"You're too smart," Draco whispered to himself, staring at the Supreme Court and attempting to process all the information you were telling him. "It's like a foreign land."

"Well, it technically is."

"What else is there that you can show me?" He smiled, looking down at you and noticing your excitement as you taught him the muggle life. It was like immersing him in your culture.

"Well ... we could go to the museums. I could teach you some of the history of Britain. Surely you've heard of World War 2?"

"Heard of it ... maybe ... kind of."

And so, the two of you made your way to the museums around London. The initial one was the Natural History Museum, in which you pointed to all the exhibits, informing Draco of their history and how it was linked to Britain. He was never particularly interested in history - especially not muggle history - but simply hearing you speak to him and include him in all your knowledge, he could not help but find his own interest sparking. He would inquire about many subjects which he never deemed interesting before, and he found himself engaging with every word you said. When he saw the large dinosaurs, he almost screamed, but you managed to calm him down and tell him it was only fake, after which he would sigh and fall red of embarrassment. You thus explained to him Darwin's theory of evolution, and he would simply stare in awe.

"I feel very bad for your future boyfriend," he said gently, looking at you with a smile.

"Aw, why?"

"He will have no fucking clue what you're talking about most of the time."

"Yes, I kind of feel bad for him too," you said with a grin, continuing your walk. Draco was left to follow you around, and he would sometimes look around, admiring all the pieces, and sometimes he would keep his eyes on you, smiling faintly.

And yet, the very topic sprung up an interesting question in his mind. [F/n] Potter's future boyfriend. How interesting! What would happen to him, then, if you fell in love with someone? Moreover, how were you to fall in love with someone else? How horrifying! Draco could not help but remember the very time that you were with Diggory boy, and how happy the two of you appeared. And yet ... you left Diggory boy ... for Draco. And now, you were single. With no boyfriend, with no lover, only Draco as the boy who you sometimes talked to, who cared about you, and who you fucked. But ... boyfriend? Draco had not thought about that. You were bound to find yourself a boyfriend one day, and what would happen to Draco then? How would he see you? Laugh with you? Insult you? And suddenly, the idea of having to one day leave you and set you free became a daunting emotion upon Draco.

He bit his lip in a fit of panic. Gosh. The girl before him ... the girl he grew to so adore (but not have feelings for, of course! Draco with feelings for [F/n] Potter? Pff, of course not! No, no! He adored you, but no feelings! No feelings! Absolutely not!). And, realising the potential horror of one day being forced to let you go, set you free, he quickly sped up to catch up to your figure as he reached down his hand to yours, intertwining his fingers within yours. Slightly shocked, you looked up at him, only to find him with a slightly panicked expression upon his face.

"You alright?" You asked, smiling, as you held back his hand.

"I'm good."

"You're holding my hand," you said.

"Am I?" He fell red immediately. "It's just ... so I don't lose you in this crowd."

"Hm," you hummed gently with a faint smile, looking down at your hands as they linked together. And slowly, holding his hand, you brought it up to your face. You gently kissed the back of his hand, still holding it, and you thus turned to the side to look at him as you said, "I wouldn't want to lose you in this crowd either."