Amortentia

The same evening, you went to bed much later than usual. It was around two at night - it was a habit to roam Hogwarts at night, and you refused to waste your time at Hogwarts as, before you knew it, it was going to be over. However, reaching the Slytherin common room, it was a usual sight by now to discover another lonely figure sitting before the fire place, not asleep either, with the same habit as you.

"Potter," Malfoy said instantly, getting up from his seat with a look of frustration. "What the hell did you do?"

"I did nothing," you said, walking past him as he made his way to you. He stood, turned around and faced you again, thus following you again.

"So you're telling me your name was just magically put in there by itself?"

"Yes."

"You think you're so slick?" He asked, stepping in front of you closely and looking down at you. "You always have to be the star of the show, don't you?"

"No, I don't. Get out of my way."

"My father says you won't last five minutes."

"You talk about me to your father?" You scoffed. "Someone's obsessed."

"Obsessed? I think it's funny how you're risking your life just for a little bit of fame."

"I didn't do it, you shallow cunt."

"Then how will you explain your name in the Goblet? Exactly, think twice about what you do next time. You do realise people die in this, right? I think it'll be quite funny to watch you burn in your own fame."

"Just fuck off, you bitter cunt," you spat out, practically infuriated with Malfoy's entire existence as you walked into the girl's dorm and slammed the door in his face. Walking to your bed, you huffed and quickly wiped your tears that managed to quietly fall as Malfoy was speaking to you; you'd realised how dangerous the situation really was. Nor Fleur, nor Viktor, nor Cedric were really capable of helping or saving you when it was needed. You truly were alone in all of this, and there was no way of saving yourself from it. Some stupid rules.

You barely had sleep that night, therefore took it upon yourself to take the day off lessons. You'd slept in, and didn't go to any lessons and, in your pyjamas, wandered to Dumbledore's office to inform him of the reason behind this once you'd woken up better. Third period had just started, meaning it'd just gone two in the afternoon and the halls were mostly empty therefore wandering through in your pyjamas was not an issue.

"Hello," you said, stumbling into Dumbledore's office looking like a mess from when you'd woken up.

"[F/n], not in lesson?"

"I couldn't sleep at night." You sat down opposite Dumbledore. "So I took the day off. I'll catch up on the notes."

Dumbledore smiled. "Very good. A very good student you are. And again, [F/n], I am so sorry about what has happened."

"About that," you paused, "Malfoy says it's very easy to die, is that true?"

Dumbledore sighed. "If it was very easy, we would never allow such a Tournament. But yes, the risk is there. I need you to know, however, that everyone is supporting you and you are not at all alone in this."

"I don't believe that," you shook your head, "I am alone in all of this. That's a Tournament: me having to figure it out as I go - it's testing my ability. I am alone in this."

Dumbledore looked at you apologetically.

"And how is Mr Diggory doing?"

"Yeah, he's fine," you said. "He's very happy about the Tournament, but not very happy about me being in it. I hope he wins, though. I don't really want to win. I'd rather just survive."