The Letters

The beauty of a summer morning; burning rays of sun penetrating your skin; the smell of fresh air and grass infiltrating your nose; the sound of joyful birds singing. It's the best time to be alive - you feel alive. Everyone is happy, everyone goes on holidays, it's a time when you don't have to go to work or school and you can relax. Isn't it beautiful? Everyone gets together and parties together! It's a time when everyone stays up all night, talking and laughing! It's a beautiful time. A carefree time. Time is not a thing that stops anyone. It's lying in the sun on a beach with a cold milkshake in hand. It's staying at a lakeside. It's going on adventures. It's everything and anything! Summer is, without a doubt, truly beautiful.

Unless it was you.

In that case, summer was the worst time of all. It was a time when you had to spend a full day with the Dursleys. No school was going to save you this time. The only good thing about your life was the fact that you were with your brother, Harry, but that was about it. Even he sometimes pissed you off. In general, though, it was all quite shit. Your life was shit. At school you had no friends, you had no family, you lived with some weird ass people, and it was all just so boring. You always thrilled excitement - something interesting. Drama, ah yes. You loved drama - you loved problems and situations in which people bit their fingernails nervously; situations like that thrilled you. But your life was just plain boring.

It was a Saturday morning, and you were being forced to clean up the house with Harry while the Dursleys went shopping. You and Harry agreed that you were going to take the kitchen and living room, and he was going to take the bathroom and Dudley's room. You always argued over who was going to clean Dudley's room as that place was like a pigsty. It was disgusting. Food on the floor everywhere, broken toys lying around, wrappers stuffed in places. But you cleaned it last time, so now it was Harry's turn. So, you were working as you were supposed to: taking out the trash, cleaning corners, dusting off shelves, making sure everything is neat and tidy, when suddenly, an owl flew into the house. Your eyes widened and you couldn't help but release a small chuckle as you followed it. The owl flew back outside the house into the back garden, and you quickly followed. Immediately after that, the owl flew towards the front of the house, so you ran through the gate to get to the front of the house as well. Then, she flew along the street of Privet Drive - of course, you followed, running after her. Harry hadn't even noticed that you were gone. You ran to the end of the street, but came to a halt when you accidentally tripped over something - something soft. Your face was planted into the ground and you could feel your nose pulsing in pain, but that didn't stop you from turning over and taking a look at the cause of your fall.

It was a cat.

A very beautiful, black cat. It had sparkling, emerald eyes that stood out in the sun's brightness. It was staring at you. But it wasn't staring at you as if it was confused - its focus was on you and only you. It was like the entire world apart from you and the cat had vanished, and you were the only two existing beings. The eye-contact between you and the cat was rather intense; quite scary, actually. Anyone who was to see you and the cat would've freaked out and never come back to Privet Drive. The more time ticked on and you and the cat stared at each other, the more Harry started wondering why the place was so silent. By now, you were usually already blasting music. So curiously, Harry took a good look around the house in search for your presence, but found himself looking for nothing. You were gone, that was clear. He took a look around the back garden, upstairs, in your room, but when he realised that you were not in the house, he took a step outside and looked from left to right. There you were! At the bottom of Privet Drive. Groaning, Harry slowly strutted over to you to tell you to come back into the house and stop fooling around, but he couldn't seem to get the words out when he noticed how intently you and the cat were staring at each other.